anyone good with cluthes??

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i have a pretty good understanding of cluthes.....well i think so!

The primary clutch on my polaris 900 does not seem to want to retract back, which i can't seem to fiqure out why, just wanted to see if someone has had this happen before and what fixed it before i take it off. I made sure the bolt to the crank is tight, i pryed it back when it did it on the side of a trail on sunday, but every time the clutch engages, it wont disengagte???

any ideas???

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there my doing the same thing took it off havent taken it apart yet , might be your spring or the bushings inside

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try extreme machines in sylvan lake....capt jack sparrow on here will hook you up.just had a motor installed on my 07 rev and he did some clutch work for me as well, very reasonable price i thought for the work he had to do. pulls great now, thanks by the way dan. very satisfied.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
elk island sales and service.... they are very good i have a xcr 600 and thats where i take it won't take it anywhere else

spike7ss

Reaction score
Had this happen on my arctic cat. Rode it for 2 days like that, and killed the clutch. Used a prybar to free it up each time I stopped. What is was, was the cam arms were wearing into the rollers and bushings were all wore out. Ended up putting a new clutch on because there was too much damage.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i have a pretty good understanding of cluthes.....well i think so!

The primary clutch on my polaris 900 does not seem to want to retract back, which i can't seem to fiqure out why, just wanted to see if someone has had this happen before and what fixed it before i take it off. I made sure the bolt to the crank is tight, i pryed it back when it did it on the side of a trail on sunday, but every time the clutch engages, it wont disengagte???

any ideas???

Pull outter cover and spring, probably needs a good cleaning. You can inspect all bushings for wear and how freely the movable shive oves with out removing the clutch. Probably a good time to replace spring if clutch doesn't need a rebuild.

turbocat

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my cat, take the clutch off and the end plate pull the spring and work the clutch back and forth using lots of brakekleen and wd40. Took out a s**t load of belt grime out and worked fine aftr that. I would check for worn out parts if there is none try the cleaning.

McLuvin

Reaction score
try extreme machines in sylvan lake....capt jack sparrow on here will hook you up.just had a motor installed on my 07 rev and he did some clutch work for me as well, very reasonable price i thought for the work he had to do. pulls great now, thanks by the way dan. very satisfied.

Phone the Cap't (Dan). He'll get ya straightened out. 403 748 2219.

Last edited:
Top Bottom