Anyone from Ontario heading out West this Winter???

Nagzs

Reaction score
I from Southern Ontario. A buddy and i are heading out West early December with our sleds. Wondering if anyone else is doing the same.

We just bought 2014 Summit XM for the trip.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did that 15 years ago and never went back :)

have fun its a whole new game you will never ride in ontario again after being out west

you moving or just riding?

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What r u going to do with a Summit in that Kitchener / Waterloo .....Guess you'll be stayin

Nagzs

Reaction score
So heres a little bit about me and the plan for the winter.

I'm just getting back into sledding and spring ordered a 800 Summit 154" and bought a 14ft aluminum trailer. I'm from Ontario and I'll be driving out mid December and staying till christmas, going to leave my truck, trailer, sled with a buddy in Calgary and hoping to fly out once a month to go ride.
Last year i came out to Kicking Horse with my parents and we rented sleds from Rocky Mountain Riders...the rest is history from their.

A little about me.....

Riding experience: 15+ years, started on a kitty cat when i was 3. The past 8 years haven't owned a sled.

Riding Style: Back when i use to ride it was mostly flat lands in Northern Ontario with the odd trip to Quebec. I raced snowcross for three years competitively traveling Ontario and Quebec. Stopped racing cause couldn't race and go to school.

Riding Level: Based on the few days i rode last year i would say i'm easily an intermediate. Our guide Yin was able to take us all over without any troubles. Was able to do a few small drops and highmarked most hills. Had a blast.
This winter want to learn how to do more technical riding, still lots of things i haven't tried and lots to learn.

I bought a snowpulse highmark 22 avalanche pack and hoping to take my level 1 avalanche course as soon as i get out there (December 12/13 in Golden). Want to keep it as safe as possible.

If you have a spare spot in your group, or are looking for someone to ride with, please let me know.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What r u going to do with a Summit in that Kitchener / Waterloo .....Guess you'll be stayin
I go back to Northern Ontario every second year or so in the winter with my mountain sleds and have an absolute blast. There is tons of untouched powder everywhere-gravel pits, along side of the groomed trails,highways,miles and miles of untouched logging roads etc. All those short track machines stay on the groomed trails. Ive been told numerous times-Dont go over there-you'll get stuck!!!! My brother got tired of watching me from the groomed trails and now he rides a mountain machine too.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go back to Northern Ontario every second year or so in the winter with my mountain sleds and have an absolute blast. There is tons of untouched powder everywhere-gravel pits, along side of the groomed trails,highways,miles and miles of untouched logging roads etc. All those short track machines stay on the groomed trails. Ive been told numerous times-Dont go over there-you'll get stuck!!!! My brother got tired of watching me from the groomed trails and now he rides a mountain machine too.

Is there really that much snow? Been so long since I was riding around Sudbury/north bay... Debating taking the sled with me over there and worried 162 is too long for what pow I will find. I do have a few buddy's on shorter m's out that way and they love pole lining (it's not all flat though it's no mountains)

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up around Sudbury and the folks are still there. There is an average of 3' of snow on the ground every year. A lot of peeps use mountain machines to pull fishing shacks.

Sent from my iPhone using a couple fingers.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there really that much snow? Been so long since I was riding around Sudbury/north bay... Debating taking the sled with me over there and worried 162 is too long for what pow I will find. I do have a few buddy's on shorter m's out that way and they love pole lining (it's not all flat though it's no mountains)

The last time I went was the end of Feb. I go to Hornepayne/Hearst area and that area gets the Lake Superior effect, There was easily 3 to 4 feet of fresh off the groomed trails. I have also gone there for Christmas often and twice I wasnt able to unload the sled as there wasnt enough snow for decent riding. I ride a 800 Pro with a 163 with no problems-I make sure to bring extra scratchers in case I break one and I also have Hyperfax sliders on the rails . Hey Nagzs. Sorry about butting in on your thread. If you want to ride in Valemount,Blue River or Mcbride area, give me a P.M. and Ill tour you around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom