anyone experienced this?

mechyannick

Reaction score
hi everyone! would like to know if anybody has experienced this symptom.
i'm running 2010 m1 with slp single pipe kit and air intake, if running straight or uphill the sled is fine/smooth, going downhill it feels rough/slightly unresponsive/delayed/sometime bugging

and second, since i have the pipe kit put on the sled idle at 1400-1500rpm

thanks for feed back

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you running for a fuel controller? If PCV, are you using SLP's map? Most of the boondocker numbers and maps provided by the pipe manufaturers are pretty fat, kinda sounds like you're too rich. Lots of things you can do to make your M1000 rock and run crisp w/o burndowns.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check fuel pressure, and give Eric at Racin Station a call. If you describe that it's loading up and give hime fuel pressure, he will tweak your map for you so it's running crisper. Pretty hard to make one map to fit all, as every engine is slightly different, and fuel pressure varies from sled to sled (seen anywhere from 38 psi to 46 psi). A friend of mine has a 2010 M1000, and it took 3 map revisions to get it perfect. I recommend running EGT's, at least while tuning. These sleds rock when properly tuned. As a side note, I do not recommend the auto tune feature on the M1000, as I've found it doesn't work that great, and the sensor doesn't live long, either.

1badhusky

Reaction score
if the only place your intake is getting air is from bottom of sled nose, you could simply be packing that w/ snow and cutting off air on the downhill - not sure if this is typical, but that's how my used 09 m1 came - w/ an aftermarket intake that only pulled air from holes under the nose. I would get bogging in deep snow - not really when coming down hill - but other times when it would pack that part of the sled, so made some mods to pull air from some other places to fix it - no more bogging for me.

Romabout

Reaction score
I'm running 08 M1 SLP single pipe set,Fire Breather intake, PCV controller. Had same issues witch became worse,in time.Went from loading up down hill to full out fouling plugs on the trail.
I had run purple fuel for the time I owned my sled. My cure to all my problems was a can of Seafoam additive and straight 97 octane fuel. also SLP had a leaner Map and wanted me to run at 42 psi also Iridium plug change, and now runs great.
(I skipped all the other thing I tried before the Sea foam and fuel change $)

Worth a try. Good Luck.

m7 carver

Reaction score
if the only place your intake is getting air is from bottom of sled nose, you could simply be packing that w/ snow and cutting off air on the downhill - not sure if this is typical, but that's how my used 09 m1 came - w/ an aftermarket intake that only pulled air from holes under the nose. I would get bogging in deep snow - not really when coming down hill - but other times when it would pack that part of the sled, so made some mods to pull air from some other places to fix it - no more bogging for me.
What did you do to pull air from other places? Reason I'm asking is cause I have an aftermarket intake like that on my m7.

Top Bottom