Anyone else have damage from the factory!

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up my machine and was told that it came out of the box that way and a new plastic panel will be ordered for it! Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• Sled Pics 042-1.JPG
    Sled Pics 042-1.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 635

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have seen some damage this year at our store for sure. Scrapes on belly pans, torn seats, torn grips, scratches on components. There is alot of woodchips laying all over the sleds when they are uncrated. Not sure if the crates are to small for the new XM or what?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. The dealer is being really good about it! The dealer found about three or four the same as mine.

Every few years they must train a new guy down there to load trucks. It seems to go in cycles. Lol.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being brand sensitive, it's probably caused by secret spy operatives from the Roseau/Thief River Falls area that used to be forklift operators, and they probably thought the crates were more flickable since that's the new norm, just saying!!! lol

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Mine also had damage on the right hand lower orange panel by the foot rest....HMMMMM forklift I,d say was the culprit. Panel received within 5 days and rivets.
Dealer has had quite a few with damage. New loading guy at factory is probably the blame.

Hot off the news press from Bombardier "Ex polaris warehouse technician fired for damaging new snowmobiles at factory in Quebec"
BWHAAAAAAA!!!!!

go green

Reaction score
A friend of mine picked up his summit X and there was a big scratch by the gas cap , and the hood looked like something was rubbling on it . They are replacing the tank surround for him .

snowthing

Reaction score
i know my 2012 had a torn seat and the hole in the belly pan in front of the exhaust as well and was all replaced no questions asked!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw some pics from ride rasmussen and they show the belly pan resting on the crate.

21722_10151546839312907_682800396_n.jpg

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that pic i can now see how it happened to mine! Poor crate design for sure.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that pic i can now see how it happened to mine! Poor crate design for sure.

I have always felt the BRP crates are a poor design. Does Polaris still use steel crates? That looked like a great design to me and returnable thus cutting down on landfill issues. What does Cat and Yamaha crates look like for structure?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always felt the BRP crates are a poor design. Does Polaris still use steel crates? That looked like a great design to me and returnable thus cutting down on landfill issues. What does Cat and Yamaha crates look like for structure?
They took the keep it light message serious at BRP and it was heard in the shipping department Ken.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer in Dawson had a couple show up with broken oil jugs.

Top Bottom