anyone changed a heat exchanger?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just got the new back from my dealer that my front heat exchanger is all bashed in, cracked on the tunnel side and dented inward on the engine side... there suggesting that we change out the whole bulkhead. is that the procedure for this? can the heat exchanger itself not be replaced?

tcase82

Reaction score
It will be easier to exchange the bulk head to get at the front exchanger if it is as bad as they are saying.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure it is part of the bulkhead do u have insurance on it put in a claim as its obvious something hit it if not straighten it out and weld it up i know of one that was fixed that way and turned out not bad

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just got the new back from my dealer that my front heat exchanger is all bashed in, cracked on the tunnel side and dented inward on the engine side... there suggesting that we change out the whole bulkhead. is that the procedure for this? can the heat exchanger itself not be replaced?

I don't know if the front heat exhanger can be separated, the whole unit is sold as one part from Cat. Find a wrecked sled and change it out yourself.

Top Bottom