Anyone been to kakwa yet?

Hylode

Reaction score
I have heard things about the kakwa many times , can someone give me some Info about the area , and where does a person access it ?:d

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start at Grande prairie and travel towards two lakes on highway 666
about 165km to staging area. We have a camp there. Great sledding if we get any snow.:(

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
Was as far in as 120km today. From 20km to 100km was pretty depressing but then it started getting better. At 120km there was about 8" of snow.

Attachments

• IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 69

jimxp

Reaction score
im headin up on sunday, hope theres enough snow, i will let you know monday.

jimxp

Reaction score
its rough ridin, stinkin creek has very little snow 2-3 inches, lots of rocks. Dead horse medows has maybe a foot so you dont beat you skis so bad, at the kakwa cabin thes is 3-4 feet, lake is slushy and a little scary. had enough to play behind the cabin a bit, but need some more snow!!!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its rough ridin, stinkin creek has very little snow 2-3 inches, lots of rocks. Dead horse medows has maybe a foot so you dont beat you skis so bad, at the kakwa cabin thes is 3-4 feet, lake is slushy and a little scary. had enough to play behind the cabin a bit, but need some more snow!!!

Thanks for the update jim...:d:beer:

Smokeshow

Reaction score
From Swan City Snowmobile site ~

"Kakwa Snow conditions:

There is 8 inches of new snow at the parking lot. 12 inches of new snow at the border and now a total of 3.5 feet. Babette lake has ~ 5 feet of snow.
The Groomer has already ran to the border and is scheduled to go to the lake on Friday 12th."

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
I have heard things about the kakwa many times , can someone give me some Info about the area , and where does a person access it ?:d

You can also get into Kakwa from the Walker Creek Road which is approx 65km West of McBride on highway 16, turn right (north) drive approx 12km down the Walker Creek Road, sometimes the road is cleared further, but its best to figure it wont be.

The ride to to the lakes/Flattop mountain is approx 95km, attach are some pics from March 08.

There is also another route in from the back of the Morkhill FSR/Forgetmenot ( drive 55km west of McBride, turn right onto Loos road, after 7km turn right Morkhill FSR). l know 'where it is'Lol................but i havent ridden it yet, hoping to go mid/late Jan,

Let me know if you need any trail details for the top route.

Attachments

• 649.jpg
    649.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 650.jpg
    650.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 651.jpg
    651.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 652.jpg
    652.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Kakwa sunday night and rode on monday. Very little snow at parking lot and trail. Huge rocks still showing and lots of trees.
Still needs lots more snow:(
Maybe spring riding will be better

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
Rode out toward SE of Kakwa Via Sheep Pass from the Morkill ( BC side) on Saturday. Got about 35km in,deep snow, needed long tracks or wait until the snow sets up abit.

Will be trying the Walker Creek way in around the 23rd 24th Jan.

Attachments

• DSC00367.jpg
    DSC00367.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 60

Canuck 1

Reaction score
Considerable snow. Chest deep on an average size person. Wow what a ride, went out to broadview. My compliments to the groomer excellent job on the trail.:d Again there is not much of a base.Minor avalance just before the lake covered part of the trail. Be careful out there everyone.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i saw that one on sunday it usually doesn't slide like that this early in the year though,have to really watch the slopes

Top Bottom