Anybody swapped tracks yet?

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to pick up a 2.5 camo for the new proclimb. I have never changed a track on a sled before, so looking for a few pointers or things to make it a little easier?? Anybody got some tips? Which direction does the shaft pull out? chaincase side or clutch side? How are the drivers attached to the shaft? Do they just slide off?

Last edited:

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty easy. i changed mine out for a new extreme 2.5. remove the hood (4 screws) and side pannels. remove seat and then remove the plastic that wraps around the gas tank to where your knees rest. pull the pipe so you can remove the can to make some room to work. the chain case does not have a drain plug so you have to split the chain case halves to drain the oil. there is a hole directly below the case that the oil will funnel through and drain into a bucket. once the oil is drained remove the outer half while keeping the oil tank attached and move to the side. remove the upper gear bolt. there is a real pain in the a$$ snap ring to remove to be able to remove the bottom gear. two small flat head screwdrivers will work if you dont have the tool. once thats off pull the top and bottom gears off and move to the clutch side. remove the belt and then remove the secondary bolt and pull off the secondary to make room. there are a couple guards that cover the brake caliper. remove the couple screws and drill out the couple rivets to remove these guards. there is one more of those sweet snap rings to remove that holds the break disk on the drive shaft. time to tackle the rear of the sled. now you want to take all the track tension off by loosening the tensioners at the rear of the skid as much as they will go without removing them. support the rear of the tunnel and then remove the 4 suspension mounting bolts. once they are removed, with a little pushing and pulling the suspension will come out. now back to the break side. there are 3 bolts that hold the break caliper assembly to the tunnel, on the inside of the tunnel where the track goes is where you will find them. remove those 3 bolts. now you are ready to remove the drive shaft. i cant remember which side came out first :doh: but im pretty sure the gear side comes out first followed by the clutch side. and your done! hope that helps a bit and isnt too confusing!

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 287

Brap

Reaction score
These sleds don't come with a 2.5? Wow get with the game cat!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The powerclaw that cat has put on the M-series sleds since 2009 is a 2.25" tall lug track. I was positive of it, but just to be sure i went into the back and measured the lug height on one of my rental proclimb m8's and voila i was right the lug height that sticks up from the track was 2.25".. I plan on also swapping mine out to a camo extreme not just because of lug height but i just way prefer the camo extreme track as an all-around track compared to the powerclaw.

AJG

Reaction score
Anybody know what the price is on a 162 camo extreme?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends where you get it. If i remeber right the suggested retail is about 1100.00 + tax. But that being said i never sell them for that.

stangstretch

Reaction score

Just got mine from Lethbridge and it was $850, Tracks Canada fr CGY was $790 but he didnt have any and sounded like he was back ordered a bit, Wetaskiwin was out but had more coming in also and they were also $850

Top Bottom