Any way to make hill desent work at highway speeds on 6.7 powerstroke?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We love our new 6.7 power stroke. Except the exhaust brake. I'd like it to hold me back more at highway speeds. Any thoughts?

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The exhaust brake in the ford doesn't really even work without being in tow haul mode. You can try manually selecting lower gears, but it just isn't really that strong.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried all of the above.... Tow haul and manual both help. No where near as nice as the cummins though. Is there a good after market solution out there?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried all of the above.... Tow haul and manual both help. No where near as nice as the cummins though. Is there a good after market solution out there?

Straight pipe it and chip it. We got rid of all that Emission stuff and it seems to work good

Sent from a iPhone

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's reccomended for a programmer and exhaust? Mileage increase? I'm not really after more power, just mileage and braking

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H&s or spartan for programmer and any dp back exhaust Couple miles per gallon better But be careful the stock turbo doesn't like puttin out a lot of extra boost.
No one that I know of yet makes a exhaust break for the 6.7 banks might have one coming but I'm not a fan of there stuff to much $$$

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever took the engine apart to see if it's even there? I have a 2011 ford and a 2012 dodge. Both have awesome power stock but the dodge is the trailer puller for sure due to exhaust brake works awesome. I wonder if ford just told everyone that it has a engine brake for selling features. ( not knocking anything like em both)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow the fords must be awful because I though dodges was marginal at best. Nice and helpful, but really should have a higher setting. Combined with downshifting it pulls it down quick, but the exhaust brake is definitely the smaller part of it.

Top Bottom