Any tuners out there? Sled Data Logging Hardware - TPS, RPM, AFR, EGT, Boost, etc...

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Who out there is running data logging hardware and what are you running?
Im looking at installing an AFR gauge but I'd like to have the ability to data log the Air-Fuel ratio across the tps/rpm table to develop fuel maps based on current modifications and engine load.
Beyond that, having the ability to add additional inputs to the data logger would be beneficial when looking to corelate other trending information ie, exhaust gas temperature, coolant temp, boost pressure, intake charge temperature, etc. (when you're trying to squeeze every last drop of power out of a motor)
I know that ViPec makes an aftermarket ECU that is a direct replacement for a stock ECU for both the 800HO Arctic Cat and 600 Cleanfire Polaris motors that has the ability to log this information, but are there any other add-ons that will accomplish the same task without having to swap out the stock ECU?
Any tuners out there using any other set up?
Any recommendations for a good AFR gauge and controller for a 2-stroke sled motor?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if it would work on a 2s..but had good success a few years back with a prologger oon a few 4 stroke builds we did. logged pretty much everything you listed.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a data logger when I tuned a VDI on my king Quad. It showed TPS. rpm. temp. AFR and anything else analog you could input to the logger.

LM-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Meter

Also, it connects to a laptop to save charts and log information and can be reviewed later.

Did I mention that I would like to sell the one I have? Contact me if interested

Last edited:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
borrowed the old version called lcd200 works great. This new version should do all you ask

JONSHOW

Reaction score
This new version should do all you ask

Just got in contact with Dynojet to see if additional analog inputs such as EGTs and/or Coolant temp are supported.
I'll pass on what I find out.
If they are, this is definitely the product I'll be buying as I already run a Power Commander 5.
Thanks Warhawk

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips everyone.
Chris from the tech department at Dynotech got back to me today with some great answers to my questions. (very interesting use of the Wideband2 mentioned)
I'm convinced the way to go is with their new POD-300.
I ordered one today for $220 with shipping.
Here's my questions and their responses to them:

If I install the POD-300 in conjunction with my autotune and PC-V will it data log the AFR values through the RPM and TPS table?

Yes, you could data-log RPM and TPS right alongside AFR. In the Winpep 8 Data Center, you can plot an RPM vs. TPS grid (using the same break points as your PC5 map file) with AFR data. We will be releasing a video to our YouTube channel demonstrating this process very soon. We just shot the footage last week. The video still has to go through editing. Copy the link to our YouTube channel below in my signature.

Will realtime AFR values be displayed on the POD-300 with only my autotune and PC-V installed?

Yes, absolutely. You just need to setup one of the gauges in one of the gauge screens with an AFR channel stream.

Can other analog inputs such as EGT or Coolant Temp be hooked up to the PCD-300?

You can see/view/log the available optional analog input on the PCV unit. This 0-5v input can be used for any 0-5v signal, but you can only assign a channel header title of “Pressure” or “Engine Temperature” to the channel stream from the PC5 software. So for example, if you wire an EGT signal to the PC5 and call it “Engine Temperature” as long as you know that “Engine Temperature” is actually EGT, you should be fine.

What is the data logging capability of the PCD-300? What is the internal memories capability?

You have 4 memory slots that you can save up to 4 data-logs to. My math might not be 100% accurate; but at one point, I think I calculated that each memory slot contains about 256K bytes of memory and each channel uses 2K per minute if logging at the fastest sample rate (10 data-points per second). I think we found that we could data-log every channel available at the highest sample rate available for about 10 minutes per each memory slot.

Can you run a standalone AFR gauge off an autotune? Will the Autotune drive a gauge?

The Dynojet Wideband 2 has an analog AFR output and a digital AFR output. The Auto-tune only has a digital AFR output.
However, you can use a Dynojet Wideband 2 as an Auto-tune. You just need the appropriate link cable and CAN termination plug with it.
The 4 round AFR gauges that we offer can be connected to a Dynojet Wideband 2; but these gauges can NOT be connected to an Auto-tune.
The POD-300 can display live AFR from either the WB2 or the AT modules.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993

Toll Free: (800) 992-4993 Fax: (702) 399-1431

Top Bottom