Any Snow anywhere enough to Ride

skidoo911

Reaction score
Looking to see if there is any snow to ride within a few hours of Edmonton? Flatland stuff preferred. I'm sure there isn't much left, but thought i might go for a last ride.. Thanks

BertaBrandon

Reaction score
edson got a good dump. rode swan hills sunday was alright, but im heading to edson this weekend probably best your going to get with minimal driving

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edson was good. Just need to remember when running the Powerlines or pipelines that there really isn't any base. You'll be bouncing off stumps and rocks.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from cold lake to Calgary, only snow worth riding would be ditch banging along #2 south of Edmonton to reddeer never seen so little snow stubble in all fields

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in Edson working as I type, the snow here atm is good, snowed most of today and more in the forecast. I was informed today that Hinton has twice what Edson got and I'll be there Friday to verify.

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wanting to ride monday or tuesday probably edson if your interested I'm looking for people to ride with

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in Edson working as I type, the snow here atm is good, snowed most of today and more in the forecast. I was informed today that Hinton has twice what Edson got and I'll be there Friday to verify.

Hinton got more from this last storm but still more total snow around edson, was in hinton yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What area of Pigeon did you ride? How much snow out there?

We just took the day and rode the lake. Went as far up the creek as we could. Big ice heaves in places on the lake so if you can't see be careful! I'd say about 6-10" in places less in others.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loaded up yesterday morning and headed west of wetaskiwin to Alder Flats. As we drove west of Camrose, the ditch's and fields were looking jucier and juicer! We almost stopped and unloaded at Buck Lake as even there the ditch and fields resemble mountain meadows. We decided to keep driving and unload at alder instead. It was well well worth it.

I'd say everywhere in the flat it is basically knee deep. No joke. The snow is so deep because of the tree coverage. The snow doesn't get to blow away like it does in our local fields and ditch. We rode 138kv PowerLine right of way aND old oilfield leases. No word of a lie, the snow back there is 2-3.5 ft deep and mountain powder right now. It's fawking Mountain riding minus the mountain climbs!

We're taking Monday or Tuesday of work and headed back sledding. We just have too!!

Top Bottom