Any problems with supercharged nytros

SledJunky

Reaction score
i am wondering if anyone has had any problems with there nytro that is supercharged?

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I dont like about Superchargers is that if you want to turn up your boost you have to change pullies. Turbo just crank up your boost controller. Lots of Supercharged sleds are not running headshims so you are limited to around 7 psi boost on pump gas, most turbo kits run a head shiim and can run 12 psi boost at sealevel on pump gas. You can set up a supercharger with a headshim or low compression pistons.

MPI has a new standalone fuel controller that will replace the GEMS box. Still in testing and not available yet. If it works it will take alot of the issues out of the supercharger. RB3 is supposed to help as well.

The superchargers have tons of bottom end but seem to hit a wall on the top end. Turbos just keep pulling more and more.

My personal opinion is go with a Turbo, some really great turbo kits available. You looking to run 300 HP or just 180-200HP?

SledJunky

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info. I was thinking 250-300 HP would be great to run in a nytro. Also is it true that running the stock suspension after tuboing can turn your sled into a wheel monster.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info. I was thinking 250-300 HP would be great to run in a nytro. Also is it true that running the stock suspension after tuboing can turn your sled into a wheel monster.

WIth that HP 100% YES. If you have a 2010 then it may be better than the 09 and 08. I would wait to try it if you have the 2010 suspension.

Top Bottom