Any ladies reviews on Yamaha Phazers or Nitros?

poco53

Reaction score
:) Wondering if any of you have ridden either or both of these Yamaha sleds and could give me your opinion of what you like or don't like about the ride. I hear lots from men who have tried them, but I'd like an opinion that matters to me. I am mostly interested in the MTX sleds but if you've ridden any other models would still like to hear what you think. Your input would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know we have one lady in our group that drives a 2010 Nytro Mtx 162, and has no issue at all. She is a smaller lady, and loves the sled. As for her personal thoughts i can't say besides when asked she replies, "I love it!"

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
I ride a stock 2008 Nytro MTX. They put a really good motor in those things lots of low end torque but the throttle runs out very quickly which kinda sucks sometimes. I think that when they put the rear suspension in those things they looked around the warehouse for whatever scrap pieces of metal they had laying around and stuck it together and called it a suspension! The approach angle is terrible those things trench like you wouldn't believe! My hubby thinks it should be renamed the submarine the way it wants to dive all over the place. We read several glowing reviews about this sled and I can honestly say that we are very disappointed in the reality of the thing. It is a big heavy beast and after a day of riding in the powder with that thing I am wiped. Not to mention the frequent breaks we have to take because the darn thing overheats on a consistent basis. Be prepared to run without your hood. I will be putting a Skinz airframe hood on it though to hopefully alleviate that issue. Would I buy another one NOPE!!! I do like the rider forward position and the seat although I will be swapping that out for a custom built Skinz one. I like the feel of it in front of me, kinda hard to explain. I am sorry that we bought this sled and wish we would have bought an M series sled instead. When money allows we will change the track out and rear suspension and look at putting in a team fast air suspension kit on the front.

My Mom rides a 2008 MTX Phazer and loves that thing!! If I had to ride that thing on a daily basis though I would quit sledding!!

Cheers!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:) Wondering if any of you have ridden either or both of these Yamaha sleds and could give me your opinion of what you like or don't like about the ride. I hear lots from men who have tried them, but I'd like an opinion that matters to me. I am mostly interested in the MTX sleds but if you've ridden any other models would still like to hear what you think. Your input would be appreciated.

I think that you are going to find this a "50-50" issue. There are alot of women who ride the Phazers and the Nytros and love them. I rode at the Ladies Ride in Revelstoke this weekend and one of the best riders I saw all weekend was riding a Nytro. She was this teeny-tiny little woman and she absolutely rocked that machine. On the other hand, I know of other women who tried the Nytro and found it just too big.

My hubby bought me Phazer Turbo with custom tunnel etc., etc., and I just couldnt make it do what I needed. That being said, I know of other husbands who have bought the Phazers (stock and turboed) for their wives and the girls loved them.

I don't know what the defining factor is: perhaps it is experience level? I was a new rider when I got the Phazer and pretty small in musculature so I didnt have the finesse or the physique to get results??? I don't know...

I think the answer is to try and test drive them. And FYI, I am now riding an M series sled that I absolutely love more and more every time I ride :p

bcboy

Reaction score
i gave my gf my nytro to ride and now she won't give it back she says its easier to steer and ride then the phazer i bought for her to ride.

poco53

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question. Yes, it does seem like a preference / ability issue. Guess I'll just have to try one out and then decide. ;)

Top Bottom