Any ideas

mastin

Reaction score
2013 XM driving us crazy. Sled started giving problems last Feb. Would run fine then bog to max 6000 rpms if I shut down runs fine for a little bit then same thing. Took in changed oxygen sensor module brought home first ride out same thing took in said injectors were fouled changed one and cleaned the other no snow left to try out. Ran for a few hours around here this month burned 3/4 tank of gas ran fairly decent not 100% some max rpm issues was quite cold went to B.C. last week first day out back to same issue as last Feb start bogging shut off goes ok for a few minutes. Had to sit in truck one day while friends out sledding next day rented a sled not same as riding this sled. Very frustrated. Someone in Valemount said had same issue with one and was fuel pump. Not going to badmouth techs here as they are confused too. When injectors were worked I was asked about gas used have always tried to be careful not much different than people I ride with and they have had no problems. Should I trade it off no xm's left at this dealer. Has 1150km on it.

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
I just read the thread. I think it says the fuel pump was the problem, or did I read it wrong. My machine has been giving those kind of problems for the last few months. Going back to the dealer today. I am sure it is the fuel pump. The problem with these new machines is there are so many things that can fail, the dealer has no clue where to start if their bud does not show the problem.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it start acting up after you have been riding for a while or fairly soon after starting it? Does it work after it has cooled down?

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fuel issue possibly causing it to run lean and your getting a lean bog. Only way to know for sure would be to pull plugs but thats not really an option on the hill with the e-tec. EGT would be nice right about now to see if both sides are the same temp/ how hot it is. Might be worth having the dealer look into a lean condition before it melts from an air leak somewhere or fuel starvation

mastin

Reaction score
Starting acting up 5 km into Renshaw. Shut down, sit for a minute goes good for a bit. Had 2 shut down twice to get out of Renshaw. After shutdown pulls real good. The situation seems better when real cold as stated before rode around here for a bit before heading to mountains wasn't perfect but would keep going rpms weren't totally right. Would like to try can if not fixed this time. Vey frustrating haven't had a good ride since mid February. Appreciate all the comments some big snow and mudders here. will let you all know hat happens.

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
Just received word from service department, FUEL PUMP. My sled was doing most of the same things. The warmer the temp, the worse the problem. Hope that helps.

mastin

Reaction score
Got it folks was the fuel pump finally had time to ride this past w/e and she's back. Thanks for all your interest I felt privileged to have some of the interest I got.

Top Bottom