Any ideas?

HAYDENC

Reaction score
Riding quartz today and out if nowhere my sleds lights shut off as well with the gauges.. Then it died out. This would happen over and over again. It starts up but after a very shot period of time it would shut off any ideas?

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had this happen on an 05 900 rmk, there was some wiring damaged in behind the secondary. fixed the wiring and it cured the problem.

Alwayswar

Reaction score
If you have another sled, or maybe a buddies, swap the voltage regulator. Good way of knowing before you spend the money on a new one. Good luck!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my sled a few months back, and as everyone told me to replace the reg. I did and problem solved!

Brad62

Reaction score
Don't run it if you can. Mine had this happen last year in the blackwater in Mcbride. It quit and i tried to start it, ran for 5 more minutes then the sled smelled like burnt calculators. The voltage reg goes first and if you keep starting it, it fries your computer. Literally burnt a hole in the back of it. The voltage reg is cheap compared to the computer. Swap out the reg and see if it helps.

I see from your picture the sled blue if its a 2010 you shouldn't have this trouble might be the TPS got loose or other wiring issue.

Powderdream

Reaction score
Have a 2010 RMK. Same thing happened. Take it in when you get a chance, tell them to replace both Voltage Regualator and Stator. Mine was covered under warranty. Good luck!!

Top Bottom