Any Ford techs know about spring codes?

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke a rear leaf on my 2004 F350. I found a set of springs used, but they came off a truck with a different spring code, so I am not sure if they will fit. Thought I would throw it out there, as there may be some Ford guys on s/m rather than me joining a Ford forum tonight.

My spring code on my build sticker says "VVYY". The springs I found for sale came of the same year of truck, but his sticker says "VS".

I haven't found an answer online yet. Many forums posted some spring codes, but they list single letters and none of them were "Y".

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i broke a rear leaf on my 2004 f350. I found a set of springs used, but they came off a truck with a different spring code, so i am not sure if they will fit. Thought i would throw it out there, as there may be some ford guys on s/m rather than me joining a ford forum tonight.

My spring code on my build sticker says "vvyy". The springs i found for sale came of the same year of truck, but his sticker says "vs".

I haven't found an answer online yet. Many forums posted some spring codes, but they list single letters and none of them were "y".

try a spring shop, like edmonton spring, or call the dealership parts department...... They will need your serial number, and then they should be able to cross the spring #'s over. Also try some of the better auto wreckers, as they have conversion charts for some of those too........

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
code (s) has aux springs. Your truck from what i can tell does not have aux springs. You will need longer ubolts but other then that it will fit.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to edmonton spring ... they probably have them in stock ....

Top Bottom