Any "First Ride" reports for a 2012 Summit E-tec?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well got the new ride out,, thought I was being careful but took a rock to ski base and bent the lower a arm so lets hope thats it,, uggg had to happen on brand new ride....
got bout 2 hours of riding in.....
sled worked great not a blip haha only 50kms.....nice power cant wait for break in to be done... track was good felt like my camo..... but I think the ski's like to sink a bit downhill now its baseless out there but its like they weere digging for that rock haha....

BC POWDER nov 18 2012 etec - YouTube

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got out for a rip on mine too...and no disappointment here either. I came off a 2010 163 xp onto this etec and found quite a difference...Better clutching, smoother power and seems to handle alot better. Really like the new track...seems to hook up pretty good in the powder and the sled just seems to get up on top of the snow better then my old one did. Put 60 miles on Saturday and was pretty impressed considering it will still wake up a bit yet once broke in ...Can't wait till next trip.

back rool

Reaction score
what is the color of the spring in the cluch u have and is it no 441 the number on the 3 things i dont no the name tx

Last edited:

powder oggy

Reaction score
I'm really liking what I'm hearing on these first ride reports. I'm coming off an 09xp and have not had a chance to get the new 12 e-tec out yet. Going next saturday and I'm getting prety pumped.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well got the new ride out,, thought I was being careful but took a rock to ski base and bent the lower a arm so lets hope thats it,, uggg had to happen on brand new ride....
got bout 2 hours of riding in.....
sled worked great not a blip haha only 50kms.....nice power cant wait for break in to be done... track was good felt like my camo..... but I think the ski's like to sink a bit downhill now its baseless out there but its like they weere digging for that rock haha....

BC POWDER nov 18 2012 etec - YouTube

Awesome vid JoHNi! Looks like Frisby? Sorry about the a arm.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome vid JoHNi! Looks like Frisby? Sorry about the a arm.

thx sled is awesome!!!!!

thats Quartz creek in golden up above old cabin valley,,,, I should have been in frisby lol,, it was good snow but lots of big rocks lets hope just the a arm find out after work tomora when I pull it apart.....its dumping and I want to rip on friday.....

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
I wouldn't feel bad about the A-arm, unless it is bent badly or cracked, I believe that my brand new 09 had scratches from willows/sloughs within first 10 kms, also bent a lower A-arm (is still bent but barely) within first 50 kms, SK & AB suck for this, as my first few rides are in the prairies to make sure everythig is running great/broken in. I also just picked up a '12 last thursday, hopefully the weight gains are mere memories based on the E-tec, S36 suspension, rear suspension changes, & 2 1/2" non ported powdermax;) I am sure that they will be, but I would still love to keep my 09 & find an E-tec to toss into it, plus S36 front suspension as I know that the rear suspension has been working great for me. Not to mention I have yet to blow a belt on my 09 unlike most, still on the factory belt, although I did put on a few kms on my spare on the prairies to break my spare in.
I absolutely can't wait to get more than the 0.6kms that are on my sled up & rolling, the 15 ft drive to load it felt great, so I can't wait to get more km's on it. Plus I am keeping the 09 for now, just to compare!!!!!

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the new Freeride up in Quartz. I am more than pleased it pulls hard and didn't stumble once. I'm happy now and if it gets any better after break in its a bonus! Haha braaap!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What about clicker position,can you leave it at 1?

hey man, may sound stupid but i am first time sled owner and got a 2012 summit 146 800 e-tech.. just wondering what this clicker thing is help would be aweosme

I start riding at 4500' up to 7000-8000' normally. On Saturday the 2012 etec was purring and I have a total of 54 kms on her.

All on clicker 3. WOT right on 7900 rpm (right where BEP wants it). Not a hick-up!

I have found that one has to be fast to react as the S36 is quick to make up it's own mind when following trenches.

IMG_0579.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I start riding at 4500' up to 7000-8000' normally. On Saturday the 2012 etec was purring and I have a total of 54 kms on her.

All on clicker 3. WOT right on 7900 rpm (right where BEP wants it). Not a hick-up!

I have found that one has to be fast to react as the S36 is quick to make up it's own mind when following trenches.

After a few rides if you still find it doesn't hold a line well, have a look for a sway bar from a 08/09. Maybe you even have one left from your previous sled. You would need the mounts as its a heavier bar as well.

The biggest thing I found last year was to stop over compensating with the 36" stance.

Looks like fun FS!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think bounce is dead on. I found myself on my back with the sled laying on its side mores times than I care to admit for this very same reason.
I love the new sled I only have 61.2k on it so far so i'm sure I will be able to adjust and stop overcompensating.
incidently during my 61.2k of riding, my fuel gauge didnt even move :cool:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think bounce is dead on. I found myself on my back with the sled laying on its side mores times than I care to admit for this very same reason.
I love the new sled I only have 61.2k on it so far so i'm sure I will be able to adjust and stop overcompensating.
General come on we all know the BRP fuel gauge doesn't work right. LOL Have the 3 inch on yet??

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
General come on we all know the BRP fuel gauge doesn't work right. LOL Have the 3 inch on yet??

Dang it, I was hoping not to have to carry spare gas.

3" was on before first ride. everything else stock. It ran very well. I was actually a little tentative due to the narrow stance, but like I said it should come around. I will be in Valemount next weekend to continue the education lol
by the way, if this thing "wakes up " anymore than it is right now, its gonna be a crazy season indeed

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought my fuel guage was toast m8's burnt 3/4 of a tank mine moved two bars 42km bottomless powder one way to break it in.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did you do anything with gearing yet or are you waiting to see how it works the way it comes?

Brap

Reaction score
19.51 is as low as you can go......ive got 2 3 inch etecs i need to get dialed in.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think 19/51 (2.68) with 7 tooth avids should be low enough . But i guess you fellas will find out. I am only going to go 2.52 with 7 tooth avids at this time as the gearing was fine last year with the 2.5 and 8 tooth avids.
Cool clutchs and no belt problems.

Top Bottom