Any "First Ride" reports for a 2012 Summit E-tec?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 were stock and the one i was riding ws a 3 inch. works awezome but its rubbing a bit need to fix that
I'm putting my 3" on Monday. Was the sled you rode have the stock clutching and gearing. I was thinking of gearing mine up to compinsate for the drivers.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing Polaris into a Doo thread? Really buddy? Just can't get them polaris's of your mind eh? Afraid there gonna show the Doo who's boss? Just ride... Lol

Sent from Tapatalk

I wasn't the one who brought Polaris into the Doo thread, some other noodle did. Why do so many Polaris trolls hang out in Doo sections? Feel like your missing something?

Maxwell - any opinions on the limited time you put on the powdermax 2.5"? I haven't decided yet if its coming off my sled yet and opting for a 2.3" as per the conversation we had.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sled performed amazingly yesterday at quartz. I was amazed with the throttle response and the narrow ski stance. overall pretty happy I bought a new one. There is no "chip" on these as far as I understand. The computer is derating its self a bit and adding extra oil and fuel until it is broke in. I've heard lots of rumors on how it works and have heard 3 tanks of fuel before its broke in, also head 20hrs, also 200 miles, also 150 miles, ETC... They say when it is done its break in period this thing will wake up and suprise the heck out of a guy and be better on fuel and oil.

opps don't lie... ur pull cord quit working once and a while...... but thats what warrantys for

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two rides in bottomless 4' this weekend on the new 2012 Summit x 163 from Martin Motorsports.

This sled and the minor changes are absolutely amazing. I does actually feel like a completely new sled from last year. Clutches ran amazing all day long, with zero fade in the deep snow. I am a very happy doo owner and besides the can, I will be doing nothing to it but racking up the miles and smiling away. IMO the new track is on par with the camo 2.5 and more time on an average winters snowpack will really tell.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two rides in bottomless 4' this weekend on the new 2012 Summit x 163 from Martin Motorsports.

This sled and the minor changes are absolutely amazing. I does actually feel like a completely new sled from last year. Clutches ran amazing all day long, with zero fade in the deep snow. I am a very happy doo owner and besides the can, I will be doing nothing to it but racking up the miles and smiling away. IMO the new track is on par with the camo 2.5 and more time on an average winters snowpack will really tell.
How are the track speeds with the new cailbrations and track, more or less than the 2011?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to much snow to tell lol. but dont ditch this factory track it works wonders. just the same as the camo extreme. very impressed. watching myfriend rock his all day today was a blast.

Worth it to see if my dealer has any takeoffs I might be able to grab?

sent from a phone

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Was going to give them a call tomorrow.

sent from a phone

scronky donk

Reaction score
sooo im starting to drool on my keyboard reading the etec reviews, im running a '10 summit 154 with tuned pipe, reeds and y pipe, love the sled, does what i want it to and so on, however as men we are always greedy and want MORE whether its sex or horsepower haha, soooo being as my summit is still on warranty, i was gonna run it till thats off but the etec sounds soooooo much fun, do u think it would be worth me selling mine and doing an early upgrade to the 2012??? whats your 2 cents?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happy to hear the 12 are working sweet, i new the track was going to be a great step, how is the rear skids working, i find with 2011, and the three inch track, it just will not stay down in the front, and looks like a rear skid from racers edge is the only choice

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very noice good hear some good news,,, 4 more days sled is in the garage look out sicy!!!! holly fawk Im not gonna be able to sleep

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New track is terrible. Everyone should upgrade to a camo extreme.

Send me a PM with your paypal addy and I'll pay the shipping to get that stock hunk o junk outta your garage. You're welcome.:D:D

Why is it terrible? No one has more than a couple hundred miles on them, they aren't really any stiffer or softer. Should be the same.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it terrible? No one has more than a couple hundred miles on them, they aren't really any stiffer or softer. Should be the same.

that was a sarcastic remark lol,,,,,, he was just look n to steal someone's take off,, haha he almost got yours!!!!

as stated on the page before peeps are happy and its bottomless so I think the new track is allllll goooood. I will post my findings after this weekend and I had a camo on my old xp

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was a sarcastic remark lol,,,,,, he was just look n to steal someone's take off,, haha he almost got yours!!!!

as stated on the page before peeps are happy and its bottomless so I think the new track is allllll goooood. I will post my findings after this weekend and I had a camo on my old xp

Woah Johni, you're ruining my hustle....

Foxstar - Yea, I was toying around. I have no experience with it, however, if you still feel the need to put on a camo, my offer stands. Hell, I would even pay for the stocker. :D

Top Bottom