Any "First Ride" reports for a 2012 Summit E-tec?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bahaha. Ill let my source know you said he's a liar and doesnt know anything about sleds.

Oh he knows lots about sleds just nothing about cars. HaHa...........................................................................................................................................................................................................oh and he is still a liar though. Lol.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh he knows lots about sleds just nothing about cars. HaHa...........................................................................................................................................................................................................oh and he is still a liar though. Lol.

obviously he knows nothing about cars with an avatar picture like that :cool:

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
I actually like mine in MPH. Smaller numbers are easier to read :)

I figure though, if you can't check your own track tension, is it really the dealers fault? Okay you paid for PDI, your right. Sure if they lifted up the sled for any reason to notice it, but anyone should notice 6" of track slack.

2" is fine, you won't ever find too many complaints of the track being too tight. Maybe a slight power loss, but running it tighter is better than too loose.

200 miles on my sled. Haven't been out as much as I want, but lack of fresh is keeping me away. Sled has been near flawless. One weird engine light which I think was just me travelling too slow through the trees and loading up the plugs. Belt looks good, clutching has been okay so far. It does need a few tweaks for my liking. Fuel economy has been better than the 2011 running side by side. No hesitation issues, no break in woes.

Oh and aside from a ski change, sled is bone stock. Haven't added any vents yet, still running stock exhaust, haven't added the heavier springs. Its kinda nice.

I can check my own track tension but shouldn't have too. If i sell you tires and put ten pounds pressure in can i blame you for not checking cause its an easy job? I took the sled directly from the dealer to vale, dealer said it was good to go and no inspection was required. If the dealer is going to charge for this service it should be complete thats all. Anyway the sled rocks, its light years better than my 08xp and i would rec it to anyone.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked my new summit x up loos sharp can't wait to get on it. What can was people saying worked the best and which to stay away from

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have MBRP with 51kms and only issue is the folded A Arm and NO faking snow hahaha, I know Bow cycle in calgary has installed these on most their sleds with NO major negative feedback now my 51kms was great but minamal experiance lmao

sounds nice pretty quit like stock until WOT then a bit louder but not obnoxious

I am leaving the muff pot off this year I think,, =just rattles so much,,, maybe I will put it on later

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can check my own track tension but shouldn't have too. If i sell you tires and put ten pounds pressure in can i blame you for not checking cause its an easy job? I took the sled directly from the dealer to vale, dealer said it was good to go and no inspection was required. If the dealer is going to charge for this service it should be complete thats all. Anyway the sled rocks, its light years better than my 08xp and i would rec it to anyone.

ya man I agree thats fair if they claim its ready to ride it should be ready to ride not ratcheting in the first 50kms..... mine was also too loose and was bouncing off something in the first 5 kms,,, as I was tryning to break in the sled I was on and off the throttle every time I came off the gas bang bang slap the track would hit... Is this normal?? I would not think so but I havent been out again to check with track tension now set....
probably some bitter lazy shop tech,,, seems to be a trend they seem to hate their jobs......

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice, you would think for 700$ pdi they would change it too km the first time.

$700 for PDI?? Is that what everyone is paying? Just looked @ my Bill of sale for my 2010 & 2012 Summit and don't have any charge for PDI....just wondering where this number came from? Cheers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every dealer charges for freight and pdi. Some show it seperately on the bill of sale and some include it in your price. The bottom line is what you pay attention to. How much tax included?

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing and I'm running the specialty can, anyone have an explanation for it.

Could be the cans. There has been some talk about that. It is doing it with Specialty and MBRP cans. That I do know.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda why I am holding off buying a can waiting to see which one for sure has no issues

You have to be careful with the cans on the etcs. There is a set parameter between the pipe and can sensor. If it goes outside XYZ then you will get varied results. You might get a bog or a hesitation.

Also with the updates to the 2012 mapping a can that worked great on a 2011 might not work well on a 2012. I think this is where some issues lie.

Some companies like SLP are not recommending their full exhaust set ups for the 2012 until they do further testing.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every dealer charges for freight and pdi. Some show it seperately on the bill of sale and some include it in your price. The bottom line is what you pay attention to. How much tax included?

Polaris is not charging for frieght and pdi right now, that is their deal. (Likely incorporating into the price). But the price out the door on new ones are pretty good on the Poo's

Top Bottom