Any Ex M-Seires Riders?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys recently switch over from a m series? I currently ride a 08 M8 but I want to be on a new machine for next season. The proclimb just doesn't impress me that much so its between a rmk or a summit. For those of you who used to ride cat, how was the transition? Are you happy you switched?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still have a couple M8's and have 2 13 XM's. Very easy trasition and best decision I made. Have a lttle seat time on the new cats as well and wasn't impressed.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a turbo M8 and just sold a 14 pro, switch was easy to go back and forth. jumped on a 13 and 14 XM last week, easy enough to ride. personally as far a build quality and robustivity (may have just made up a word there), go XM, over 4000km lots of guys have and no motor work and lots still on first belt. not gonna see many pros like that.
Not a biased coment at all, no brand loyalty here. 2016 polaris mabe a different story, but not impressed with there 60 year release this year.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my post, I didn't realize it was in polaris forum in which I have no experience on.

rmscustom

Reaction score
I went from a M to a Pro 2 years ago. No regrets and a easy transition. I cant believe how well it works every time I ride it.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own all three of the models. The m series and the pro and very similar in riding for myself. But I find the more I get used to the summit the more I enjoy it. You can't go wrong with either the pro or xm. It's gonna be what dealer has treated you the best in the end and that can get your machine in and out in a timely manor. That goes a long way in my books. I have no brand loyalty I just like whatever runs well.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys recently switch over from a m series? I currently ride a 08 M8 but I want to be on a new machine for next season. The proclimb just doesn't impress me that much so its between a rmk or a summit. For those of you who used to ride cat, how was the transition? Are you happy you switched?

Ride a 14 M series for a few days... I came off a turboed M8 and I wouldn't trade my 14 for anything. It's the best sled I've ever rode, and I've rode both the pro and xm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I went from a wicked m1000 mod to a 13 pro and it is the best thing I have done, mind you I had to turbo the pro to be happy with the power. You won't regret it but do your research cuz there is many things to fix on the pro to make it a bulletproof sled, I have had a pull the rope and go sled all season and I push it pretty hard. Good luck.

05765scott

Reaction score
I have owned a 06 crossfire 08 m1000 09 m8 and a 10 hcr and I can ride the pro better after a trip on it then I can ride a cat. Find very similar to a cat but works way better. The gfs sled is my 09 m8 and she finds the pro way easier to ride and wants me to sell the cat for a pro. But I have had more issues in this pro then all cats combined, upper structor carbon fiber pull out sheared quick drive bolt after 800kms

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. The reliability factor is a huge concern for me but I guess its the name of the game my good friend has had 3 trouble free seasons on his 2012 pro but he knows it only a matter of time. I got lots of time to decide as I doubt I will be snowchecking anything.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came off a 2010 m8 last January and now own a 2012 pro and a 2013 pro. I'm glad I made the transition but they needed a bit more power. Stage 4 slp has fixed them up. I'm getting into places that I probally wouldn't be coming out of on my cats. Love my pro but I have done a crank in the 13 and top end in the 12.

Top Bottom