Any boost ride reports from the guys that have them?

mt.sledder

Reaction score
As lots of us patiently and impatiently wait for our new boost sleds to arrive it would help to ease the pain if some of the guys that have been lucky enough to have gotten their boost sled could give us some ride reports. Lets see some video of these sleds in action!!! Hopefully they are ripping hard. Come on guys, give us something to look forward to.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would like to have some input but still waiting. dealer called me and said both of mine are on the ship list, but not shipped yet.
not that great a rider anyway so have to get some ride time after the new year. hopefully the bridges at fernie are repaired soon.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would like to have some input but still waiting. dealer called me and said both of mine are on the ship list, but not shipped yet.
not that great a rider anyway so have to get some ride time after the new year. hopefully the bridges at fernie are repaired soon.
Coal creek will not be repaired this year. Only hope is Morrissey

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mid season release.......just like doo did
Except more hp and longer warranty.......
They are coming and then the trash talkers will get a just stomping.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had one out in his group today out in Blue River, first day on it. Bit of a random bog he said but overall his brother inlaw was happy with it. He also have a turbo Alpha so see how feels after a few more days riding what he prefers.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had a full day on the Boost today, coming off his modded Sidewinder. There were 2 Matrix Boost, stock turbo doo and a few stage 2 turbo doos. Believe all the new turbos were still in break in mode. But according to him he wasn't to impressed with the Boost, maybe used to the power of the Sidewinder, but expected more. Switched between the factory turbo Doo and Boost a few times and said felt the Doo was better/stronger, wasn't sure if it was the power, the delivery to the track or the tack itself. One complaint he did have was the intake inlet locations, I guess it was deep in Blue River today and the Boost intakes are on the side so would cause the sled to bog and starve for air.

mt.sledder

Reaction score
Buddy had a full day on the Boost today, coming off his modded Sidewinder. There were 2 Matrix Boost, stock turbo doo and a few stage 2 turbo doos. Believe all the new turbos were still in break in mode. But according to him he wasn't to impressed with the Boost, maybe used to the power of the Sidewinder, but expected more. Switched between the factory turbo Doo and Boost a few times and said felt the Doo was better/stronger, wasn't sure if it was the power, the delivery to the track or the tack itself. One complaint he did have was the intake inlet locations, I guess it was deep in Blue River today and the Boost intakes are on the side so would cause the sled to bog and starve for air.
Polaris seems to be notorious for missing little things like the air intakes. The first time I saw them I thought to myself that they were junk. Hey lets build a flat shelf directly below the undersized air intakes on our new boost sled that will be sucking air like no other sled we've ever built, nobody will ever drive them in snow deep enough to have them plug off! The Axys air intakes were also junk and these look worse. I've also heard reports that the bottom end on them is not too good, one of my friends that rode one last weekend described it as horrible. Says his 2021 850 Silber turbo was way better on the bottom end. The excitement I had initially for my boost sled is fading fast between not getting it yet and these not so good reports. I sold the Silber off my 850 a couple months ago but now I'm seriously thinking about buying another one to put on my sled and not taking my boost. Polaris claims that it will be shipped by Dec 31 but have given me zero reason to believe them. Would be so nice if they stopped lying to us and just told us the truth.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Copied from Sno West

[IMG alt="Chadly"]https://www.snowest.com/forum/data/avatars/l/126/126237.jpg?1572055575[/IMG]

Chadly

Well-known member​

Lifetime Membership

Rode the 165 Boost today. To put in perspective I ride 50 times a year. Recovering turbo addict. Haven't had a boosted sled for 3 years and said I would never own one again. Turbo sleds are heavy and I hate turbo lag for the technical riding I do.
We had a foot of new snow over night and I would say we were riding in about 4 feet of untouched snow. The sled makes a lot of power. I would say it makes as much as my last turbo MPI 850 Doo. I think the average person who never has had a turbo is going to love this sled. Most people are going to think it's awesome. I'm willing to bet we will see a lot of wrecked ones because frankly I think it's too much power for 90% of people. It definitely makes more power than the Turbo Doo. This thing absolutely tears straight up hills holding track speed from bottom to top. However it has lag. It's not clutching. I have ridden enough sleds to know what turbo lag is. It definitely lags more than the Doo. Definitely not as crisp as a Doo. My personal take is I am not blown away by this sled. This sled has some of the main reasons why I quit doing turbos. The thing is a boat anchor. Reminds me of riding Doo. I had my last year 155 Pro with us and that sled is 10 times easier to ride and takes half the effort. I'd love to see a Turbo Poo on the scale because this thing feels heavier than a stock Doo. This sled rides very very heavy. I think really good riders are not going to like it. I will probably only break this sled out in 3 feet of fresh. It takes way too much effort to ride and the power is not enough to compensate for it. Again I think the majority of people on here are going to think its the greatest sled ever. However I think the NA will still be the best choice. I bet you'll see Burandt, Monroe, and Caleb riding NAs more than the turbos. Now if I could just get my Matryx Slash 155 Pro!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one guy’s opinion.
I am sure we will have more opinions and reviews as folks start receiving their Polaris Matryx Boost, from folks on here that we know.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Another opinion from Snow West​

[B]newtrout[/B]

Well-known member​

I'm no expert rider, but I'll give my $0.02. Boost 165 with the Velocity shocks. Only two rides so far. The first mile had a bit of bog and hesitation. Literally the first mile. It quickly cleaned up and has continued to get more crisp over the first 40 miles. No fouled plugs. My fuel pump continues to function. Miraculous, I know.

I've been on a 2019 Alpha 165 the past 3 seasons. I was on an Axys 163 before that. There is zero difference in throttle response between the boost and my Alpha or Axys. Just gobs more top end. No lag. Feels like standard Polaris clutching. A bit lazy, but if I was doing a blind test, I wouldn't know it was a turbo off the bottom. I can't speak for direct comparison to a N/A 850.

I also can't say I noticed any weight difference. It absolutely did not feel nose heavy; in fact it felt lighter up front than my Alpha. Incredibly intuitive to ride.

Clearly I'm a novice, as I think this is an unbelievable sled. To each their own.

Top Bottom