Another Great Day On Tracks ...

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, went rid'in today. Had to get out while the spring runoff gets to bad. Can I just tell ya, I hate that sticky mud ... & floorboards !!!! ... :Protest:

But I think the tracks are com'in off :sadbanana: .... until snow flies again anyway. :D Time for some tire time .... I need to wear those bad boys out so I can get some new one !!! ... :yahoo:

Hope ya enjoy the pic's .... :cheering:

Later ....

Attachments

• CIMG2297.JPG
    CIMG2297.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 128
  • CIMG2309.JPG
    CIMG2309.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 130
  • CIMG2320.JPG
    CIMG2320.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 128
  • CIMG2325.JPG
    CIMG2325.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 127
  • CIMG2316.JPG
    CIMG2316.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 131
  • CIMG2333.JPG
    CIMG2333.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 129
  • CIMG2337.JPG
    CIMG2337.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 124

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics Gunny, Still a bit of snow in the hills I see, down south of the border. Do you find any problems with your tracks on the rocks? Like slipping,,etc.....

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny you should ask .... when I was in the one runoff flow, in two wheel drive, yes, the back tracks did slip & slide on the on the rocks. So I put it in four to stop that crap ..... :D

Yeah, we have a little left ..... it's really suppose to start warming up (90 F Sunday) so it'll be melt'in quick now.
There is a lot more higher up however .....

Later ...

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy drinkin' Hooch from the jar, didn't we see him in "Deliverance". (snicker)

Yup, you got mud. How deep and how did the tracks pull in the mud, much slippage????

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ... you did NOT see the guy in "Dilverance" .... he AVOIDS people at all costs .... Hell, you're lucky he let me take a pic .... :rant:

Most the mud wasn't very deep ... just real slippery & sticky .... any deep mud was also in a lot of water & that wasn't a problem. And that was more sandy runoff than real mud. There's a couple of real bad holes I wanted to try ... and have spent many an hour in trying to get out of in the past .... which I didn't try, being alone. What I need to start carrying is a deadman or a small boat anchor so I have something to winch myself to ..... cause as you can see from the pic's .... not a lot to winch to in places.

A while back, I got my truck stuck in one of these holes I mentioned above ... it took my winch & three other trucks to get me out .... so, I'm hesitatant to go in alone .... :nono:

The tracks did awesome as usual ... but mud in this area is just some slimy sticky stuff. In some spots, even in four wheel drive, when you try to turn ... you just continue down the road / trail in a straight line. I was very surprised about that. But with tires .... it's a joke ! ... :sadbanana:

I did notice too, the tracks stay on top a lot better than my tires .... of course, Duh !!! ... :eek:

Later ...

Top Bottom