Another build for Superclamps!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes except a case
As with Randall's build I did not commit to anything before seeing pictures of the subject and If I didn't think I could pull it off I would not take on the project. As much as I would not like to admit there are limitations.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok ill get a picture and go from there
As with Randall's build I did not commit to anything before seeing pictures of the subject and If I didn't think I could pull it off I would not take on the project. As much as I would not like to admit there are limitations.

Attachments

• $_20 (2).jpg
    $_20 (2).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 231
  • $_20.jpg
    $_20.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 242

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I LOVE on how the Baja build, you have scale jack stands for it to sit on awaiting being finished....

You do creepy good work!!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While i'm waiting for the paint to dry on the trailers here is the completed pick up.
I had an issue with the decals. they would not stick in place at all. So I tried to glue them on with clear coat paint. Worked awesome on the test body I used but rippled a bit on the truck, not impressed and nothing I can do about I at this point.
This looks really bad zoomed up but keep in mind the decals are .015 tall (15 thousands of an inch). Unless you are really look for it I doubt it will be noticeable. Hopping the rest of the build is so eye catching that it will ever be noticed....

This was before....This is what you call very bad silvering of the decals (when they go white).

And after. Had they not rippled it would have been perfect. Something like this is your worst nightmare when doing a commissioned build......

The camera is picking up every bit of dust sitting on the paint. I wipe it off and the static just attracts it right back. Got to love back paint. Definitely going to need to be kept in an air tight display case.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit the bodies with another top coat of black this morning. Might be the last coat.... will have a good look at them this evening. Then the Aluminum trim panels will be painted on the front and back of the trailer and the lower strip on the side.

Sitting in my home made down draft paint booth...

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your comments really make my day guys, thanks for that.

So if I can get my hands on the wrap, I should be able to "wrap" this build up over the weekend!!!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am Russian (in a past life) would that qualify me to receive one of these excellent models? Seriously, you have talent and an eye for detail. I would be thinking that Superclamp will be proud to give these fine examples to their Russian Guests.

Superclamp

Reaction score
I think I am Russian (in a past life) would that qualify me to receive one of these excellent models? Seriously, you have talent and an eye for detail. I would be thinking that Superclamp will be proud to give these fine examples to their Russian Guests.

No words can describe how proud we are going to be to present our Russian Superclamp Distributor with this amazing replica of the exact trailer he manufactures in St Petersburg, Russia. We are so grateful to Highfly for taking on this unique project and knocking it out of the park. Thanks so much from all of us at Superclamp .

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No words can describe how proud we are going to be to present our Russian Superclamp Distributor with this amazing replica of the exact trailer he manufactures in St Petersburg, Russia. We are so grateful to Highfly for taking on this unique project and knocking it out of the park. Thanks so much from all of us at Superclamp .

You are more than welcome. Thank you Superclamp for the opportunity. Not everyday one of your builds will go to Russia. I'm pretty stoked about that!

A big shout out to all you S&Mes as well that followed this thread and for all the comments along the way. It was really neat to be able to share the hobby I enjoy so much with you all.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And here we go! Drum Roll please!!!!

I've never applied a wrap before. With all flat surfaces it was a great way to start. Check this out!!!!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randal had some cases built for the Russian build, his truck, sled deck and trailer AND he had one built for me too!!!! Thanks man!!!

So here is the completed build mounted in the displace cases. Holes were drilled in the bottom of the tires and into the base, then I installed some dowels to keep everything in place

Randall also had some very nice plaques made.

I can't wait to see their expressions when they see it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom