Another attack on sledders

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've read these types of stories every year. But it's weird you rarely read it about users other than snowmobilers. Here's a similar story.
Summer is boating time for me and we use Sylvan lake a fair bit. So this late September, I participated in a under water clean up at Sylvan. Yep water was a nice 54 deg. A group of scuba divers (app 20) started at the pier, concentrated around the beach area. It was amazing all the garbage we picked up just from that tiny area. Alcohol bottles/cans were definitely number 1. In the end, the garbage was enough to cover the deck of a 1 ton truck. Maybe nobody complains, cause they can't see what's down under? If this happened at your favorite riding area, it would probably be in the local newspaper. But in this case most people didn't even know this was going on.
Point being it's not just sledders, it's everywhere. People just don't care anymore. There's not much a guy can do except say something when you see a litterbug or pick up after them. It will probably never change.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's pretty sad to read sh*t like that... I guess the whole pack out what you pack in thing is pretty hard to comprehend. Most (most I said not all) of the guys making a pile of money in the patch they are your typical pigs. Flying up to the cabins on boosted 174s no regard for anyone but them self, leaving sh*t everywhere, acting like they own the place ... it's too bad the rest of us all have to get our knees cut because of "that guy". It would be nice to have booth attendants remind people when they buy their passes to clean their sh*t up. Rant over

So let me get this straight....If you work in the patch and make money you are pig? These are the guys who leave the trash all over and ruin it for everyone else....Interesting.
So nobody else ever leaves a mess or "acts like they own the place" just those over paid oil patch guys? I hate reading this ignorance, there are people from all walks of life leaving their **** behind and making a bad name for the rest of us...Its not just guys from the patch with money and boosted sleds. A lot of these guys are the ones donating there time and money for the good of our sport. Pigs are pigs no matter what they do for a living or where they come from!!

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will agree with the above statement. You just don't know who's littering. I was in an area a few years ago with some locals. It was the locals throwing cans in the trees. I personally pack out my trash.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya its everywhere garbage piles outwest hunting where the access is really tough to get in, and there's garbage, but i was fishing the lesser slave river a few years ago, and there was a older fella there fishing and there was garbage littered all around him, game wardens pulled up and started questioning him about all the trash, he said it isn't mine but a really good incentive would be put a garbage can here, people just might use it, and the game wardens got in their truck and drove away they also couldn't be bothered to pick it up, I always bring out what i take in the bush hunting fishing you name it, What cheeses me off is left fishing line at places i collect it and throw it out,

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This stinks of political agenda.
Dear Minister Xabc.
I found a bag of garbage and I am speaking for 15 other people that had their entire vacation spot was ruined because of the beers cans and metal. I know who exactly brought it up here. Just ask me.
Humbly Yours...

PS We could really see the garbage when we were flying there in our helicopter that had to make at least 6 trips there and 6 trips back to haul all of us and our gear so we could camp there and be eco-friendly and breathe fresh air.

:BSmeter:

That being said... it is pretty simple for the rest us, haul out what you haul in.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This stinks of political agenda.
Dear Minister Xabc.
I found a bag of garbage and I am speaking for 15 other people that had their entire vacation spot was ruined because of the beers cans and metal. I know who exactly brought it up here. Just ask me.
Humbly Yours...

PS We could really see the garbage when we were flying there in our helicopter that had to make at least 6 trips there and 6 trips back to haul all of us and our gear so we could camp there and be eco-friendly and breathe fresh air.

:BSmeter:

That being said... it is pretty simple for the rest us, haul out what you haul in.
Agreed

sent while drinking tea's

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what about all garbage along hiways going to ban all traffic, people are pigs plan and simple.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what about all garbage along hiways going to ban all traffic, people are pigs plan and simple.
Apparently everyone agrees all people are pigs, that being said the main reason I had for starting this thread was to bring awareness to as many of the sledders that ride this area as possible.
There is obviously somebody out there with an agenda for this area.
Now when the closure comes about all those pigs out there can know they were part of the problem and none of the solution. ( And NO I don't think there is an easy solution.)

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chance that mountain addiction can is for sale?

raven-lunatic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regards to MOMMAS post a while back,,,
How frustrating is that having a teacher shoving non-truths down kids throats, and I would venture to say that the teacher saw no level of repremand???
This same thing happened in Sundre many years ago with a teacher telling the kids that loggers where bad people. That didn't go over very well either.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in Cochrane....maybe it is time to meet and greet this fine individual.

There's an agenda here, much more than this twat "crying to mommy" that someone peed in the sandbox.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regards to MOMMAS post a while back,,,
How frustrating is that having a teacher shoving non-truths down kids throats, and I would venture to say that the teacher saw no level of repremand???
This same thing happened in Sundre many years ago with a teacher telling the kids that loggers where bad people. That didn't go over very well either.

Absolutely blew my mind. No reprimand what so ever. I was dropping my daughter off for basketball practice and saw the teacher, but by the time I was able to go talk to him in person he had disappeared. It just disgusts me that he is some what untouchable. Thats nuts that a teacher was spewing anti logging!!!

Top Bottom