Another 670 in A Rev chassis.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shorty cover and short carb boots are a big help in this install, the guys at Specialty let me set up there for a weekend to do some work . Ineeded to align the clutches for best location. I had the frame apart to do this, u may want to take everything above the motor off to make it easier. I had to cut and relocate the brace above the carbs aswell so watchout for that. I found it best to align the motor and mark the position of the new bolt holes, that the tricky part!
Good luck!

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Cory, did you mod your steering post at all? Mine is ultra tight to the one rave cover. Wondering if you ran into the same thing and what you did

s.a.m

Reaction score
Hey Cory, did you mod your steering post at all? Mine is ultra tight to the one rave cover. Wondering if you ran into the same thing and what you did
i used the steering post blocks off a 93 mach1 on the top then made a bracket to hold it in place. fit right into the radius of the frame as the older sleds are held in with u bolt.

mckinley

Reaction score
102_0524.jpg 102_0525.jpg

not sure if those pics will turn up for you guys to see.. but, the motors in and aligned. I'm also having problems with rave valve hitting the steering post. do you have detailed pics of what you did to your post?

Last edited:

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep that will be an issue, you may have to tilt the motor or move it back/left so the rave clears the post. Is that how you aligned the clutches? float the secondary it will allow u to move the motor left of center if needed, and test fit your exhaust system for any issues... Watch that your carb bowls dont rub either. I ended up using the ultimax xs801 belts i have 2 of them here if anyone needs them.

mckinley

Reaction score
carbs aren't an issue for clearance i don't think, because its a 583 not a 670 so its got smaller carbs. we're thinking of either modifying the steering post itself. or the bracket at the bottom to create some room above the rave valve, we also need to mess around with the y-pipe to make it fit, I'm using an 800 pipe because its what we had already, and my dad seems to think its similar to the fat boy pipe they used on these motors back in the day. I'm hoping we can leave the motor where it is because we can use a stock rev belt with the alignment we have now. we also picked up a rectifier to convert the voltage. so hopefully ill be able to use all the stock rev gauges and lights.

mckinley

Reaction score
this is what we came up with ti make room for the rave valve.. 102_0526.jpg 102_0527.jpg 102_0530.jpg 102_0531.jpg 102_0533.jpg 102_0535.jpg 102_0536.jpg the motor seems to fit in pretty well. just a matter of making the exhaust work now, then we are gonna start on the wiring. should be fun haha.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my 670 Rev done and rockin at the end of last week. Would have been done a long time ago but it spent a month in Edmonton getting pipes. A long time but well worth the wait cause i love em. I will take a bunch of pics and post them up this week sometime. :d

Top Bottom