Annual Copper Creek Bowls Ride and BBQ - Lincoln, MT - Apr 10,2010

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!

Well it is that time of the year again to start planning the Annual Copper Creek Bowls Ride and BBQ.

April 10 is looking like a great date. Should still be able to ride from the parking lot.

I will bring a BBQ, turkey fryer, Beans, and probably half the plates and silverware.

We need burgers, buns, chips, Ty's incredible salsa, Spud's spuds, more plates, salads, desserts, etc....

We also need a head count.

Last year we discussed doing a raffle or something with the $$ going to the Ponderosa Snow Warriors. What is everyone's opinion on this? I can try to get some items donated for a raffle. We just felt that we should give something back to the local club.

Lets Ride................................

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would you like to know?

Tentatively scheduled for April 10. Copper Creek Rd about 5 miles east of Lincoln MT. We are hoping for the parking lot about 1/2 mile in on the left, but we could have to drive up the road. Take a left at the Y and over the bridge. It is BYOB, BYOP, BYOD, and BYOC.

Bring Your Own Booze
Bring Your Own Pop
Bring Your Own Drink
Bring Your Own Chairs

You can bring something for all, pitch in on the food, or donate to the burger fund.

Big sleds, small sleds, just a lot of fun for all.

Hope you can make it.

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike,
Bring Jeff from West along too. Keep wanting to stop in, but never see anyone there. Peered through the windows before. I was riding a sweet Apex turbo last Friday, but it was quite interesting with a broken limiter. Climbing was scary. I kept it track side down, but it was not easy. They sure can cat walk without a limiter.

Hope to see you there. We have people coming from WA, MT, ID, and Canada thus far. Last year we had close to 100 people. Hopefully we will have that again or more. Will need a head count as time draws closer.

Hope you can make it. The more "BIG" Turbos, the better.

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we definitely need more snow in the bowls and on the awesome groomed trail. Yes, it is groomed all the way to the gas station. What a ride it was yesterday, may be 30 bumps in 12 miles. I cannot say if the road will hold out until April 10, if we get more snow (1 - 2 ft), most likely, otherwise we will be lined up from the snow line on the road. The ride up has a new drift, causing a lack of snow over the rocks at the top of the first hill, easy to get around though. The trees seem to have gotten a lot taller every where, even where I have never seen them before. There are uncovered rocks on almost every hill. The snow felt like a few inches of powder on top of concrete, but as Brent discovered, under the 3 inches of concrete lies 18 to 36 inches of faceted powder all the way to the ground. Boondocking was great and climbing was good, more technical than usual, but definitely good.

Unfortunately, unless we get slammed like the east coast (more preferably), I doubt we will be riding on Mother's day and definitely not Memorial day. But we will be riding and BBQ'ing on April 10.

Hope everyone can make it.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Ran thru Helena on Sun. coming back from Cooke and it was 59F!! Hope the snow lasts ......... sure has been a warm dry winter!! :eek:

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lincoln is actually on the other side of the Continental Divide and slightly higher elevation. 60 miles from Helena to Lincoln though. It was about 48 when we got back to the trailer on Sunday. We need more snow.

I hear Cooke is not so great either. I just made our reservations and Jan was telling me that it is not what we are used to. But a day riding is better than doing anything else.

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday and Sunday and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all in Cooke though. Hoping to hit up Carrot on March 27.

Are you actually thinking about riding your bowl sled?

johnsodo

Reaction score
Saturday and Sunday and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all in Cooke though. Hoping to hit up Carrot on March 27.

Are you actually thinking about riding your bowl sled?

the bowl sled??? its a stocker pam well all most stock:smiliestirthepot:

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the only place you ride it is the Copper Creek Bowls.

Have you even ridden this year? Or are you tied up around Chris's little finger?

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are less than 3 weeks away. We need to get some numbers on who is coming and who is bringing what.

I will bring a BBQ, turkey fryer, Beans, and probably half the plates and silverware.

We need burgers, buns, chips, Ty's incredible salsa, Spud's spuds, more plates, salads, desserts, etc....

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
STILL NEED: SALADS

Here is who is bringing what at this point:

SnowXTC and RDR99 – Some Plates, Napkins, Plastic-ware, Salt, Pepper, Toothpicks, BBQ Beans, BBQ, Turkey Fryer and Oil. I WILL BRING THE BUNS AND BURGERS TOO.

Spud – Spuds, Burgers, Beans, dessert, onions

Ty and Teresa – Salsa J

Cop-Out – Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, Plates, Pop

Masterpate – Cheese and Shrimp Coleslaw

Racincajun – Cookies and Chips

Rockin RMK - additional BBQ - and he offered to cook (what a man)

800PooDragon, if you want to bring some deer meat, go for it. If someone wants a deer burger or steak, they can have one. I would not bring it all though, you need some for summer.

Here are the counts that I have thus far (some are inferred):
Scott – 3
Doug
SnowXTC – 2
Cheekster
Spud – 6
Rockin RMK – 3
800PooDragon – 3
Cop-Out – 4
Racincajun – 3
Pate – 8
Cunningham – 3
Go High Fast – 2
Xman – 4
Xrider – 2
Riskit – 2
2XM3 – 2
Whiskey Turbo - 4
Dr Phil - 4

Total of 57 and then about 10 misc. We are planning on 100.

Oh, Darn, just got handed a bunch of applications for a position we have open, guess I should get to work.

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG, what an awesome day. Not a cloud in the sky, not too cold, not too warm, it was perfection at work. BBQ was funtastic, thanx again to Rockin RMK and his buddy for cooking 120 burgers. You two rock. Thanx to Spud for cooking the fries. And although Ty and Teresa could not make it, they sent Teresa's incredible salsa and they were both missed very much. Thanx to Cop-out for plates and condiments, Pate (Leah) for the coleslaw, Ruth (Mrs Spud) for the mouth-watering, delictiable desserts, and anyone else that brought stuff or donated to the burger and bun fund.

Everyone there made this such an awesome day. We are thinking about doing round 2 next weekend. So if you missed this one, come join us for round 2 or 3.

rexmorgan

Banned
Reaction score
The best thing to during holidays or day offs is hanging out with friends. Best food to prepare is BBQ. However, the multi-million dollar phone index market isn't something usually the center of suits. A Bar-B-Q restaurant has sued Dex for its placement of their restaurant. The "carcass removal" listing has cost the company a lot of money.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best thing to during holidays or day offs is hanging out with friends. Best food to prepare is BBQ. However, the multi-million dollar phone index market isn't something usually the center of suits. A Bar-B-Q restaurant has sued Dex for its placement of their restaurant. The "carcass removal" listing has cost the company a lot of money.

LMAO too much vodka at the BBQ with your friends last night Rexy? Stupid automated things......

ramen noodle brain with carcass removal on his mind. Goddam Center of Suits - they are always getting in the way of my progress. Maybe I'll shave the concrete banana and give them the old District Rabbit punchbowl.

Take that RexMorgan!

Top Bottom