Annoying and $$ GM Tranny line leaks...

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
i've had talks with the parts managers at several of the gm dealers we get parts from, and they said it seems to mostly be western canada that really has this problem. Because of the extreme temperature variations we have. One of the managers quoted me that arizona, usa, has only replaced a handful of hoses under warranty. Now that being said, western canada is a very small percentage of north america, so in the big picture, what we suffer with out here, doesn't really factor in to gm's eyes as a problem. Like several have said, expansion/contraction of braided rubber pressure hose and aluminum tubing and crimps is what the failure is. They said the newer assemblies have different hose composition and also the crimps clamps are slightly thicker guage, and are supposed to be somewhat better. Time will tell.

Just sayin'

Truck goes in for warranty replacement of leaking hoses tomorrow...apparently the replacements are of a "better" quality...that being said GM has a "Goodwill" policy in place for this issue up to 100,000km.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
truck goes in for warranty replacement of leaking hoses tomorrow...apparently the replacements are of a "better" quality...that being said gm has a "goodwill" policy in place for this issue up to 100,000km.

we've had okay luck with the replacement hose assemblies so far. We've replaced quite a few.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's those pics I promised. I got a little distracted yesterday by some sled parts that showed up!

I did the exact same thing. Aeroquip Versil-Flares if anyone is wondering.

Don't listen to the dealer BS that the new lines are upgraded. They'll still leak.

loffelbein88

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing. Aeroquip Versil-Flares if anyone is wondering.

Don't listen to the dealer BS that the new lines are upgraded. They'll still leak.

Yup they still leak just as bad. They installed o rings under the crimp that was suppose to fix it. They still leak like a siv

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Well mine were replaced free of charge...we'll see how long they last.

On a side note...I know they are very busy etc. but they completely left every crevice, nook and cranny full of tranny fluid that was release during the change out...my driveway was COVERED!! I actually took the truck to the wand wash first to clean the oil off but second to be able to tell if there was a leak due to the amount on my drive way !!! Not happy. :mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well mine were replaced free of charge...we'll see how long they last.

On a side note...i know they are very busy etc. But they completely left every crevice, nook and cranny full of tranny fluid that was release during the change out...my driveway was covered!! I actually took the truck to the wand wash first to clean the oil off but second to be able to tell if there was a leak due to the amount on my drive way !!! Not happy. :mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:

did you call back and b!tch about it???

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On a side note...I know they are very busy etc. but they completely left every crevice, nook and cranny full of tranny fluid that was release during the change out...my driveway was COVERED!! I actually took the truck to the wand wash first to clean the oil off but second to be able to tell if there was a leak due to the amount on my drive way !!! Not happy. :mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:
definatly call them and have them send somone to clean your driveway up,it seems there is a lack of work ethic among alot of people nowadays and have no pride in there work,like i said come see me or summitric and i'll ensure you this type of crap wont happen:beer:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
did you call back and b!tch about it???

Nope...should have...:(

definatly call them and have them send somone to clean your driveway up,it seems there is a lack of work ethic among alot of people nowadays and have no pride in there work,like i said come see me or summitric and i'll ensure you this type of crap wont happen:beer:

Like I said...the minute it comes off of warranty...going to Ric's :d

Honestly!! They won't do anything for you !!

I didn't ask cause I thought it futile. :mad:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

They did it on purpose cause they know what an anal pr*ck you are:eek:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
They did it on purpose cause they know what an anal pr*ck you are:eek:

we'll have to schedule bi-weekly drive by's to add a little bit of tranny fluid & motor oil spots to Todd's new driveway when the house is done.... we can alternate..trips.....:d:d:p

Top Bottom