Animals on Trails

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be carefull when riding the trails this year.

With higher than normal snow in the trees the animals are walking and feeding on the nice groomed trails.

Will riding on the groomed Ministik Trails we came around a treed corner and two deer were standing there...It takes them a moment to step into the trees. Also rounded a corner on the connector and a small moose was there broad side to me and I had to stop before he moved, he then just trotted down the groomed trail into the trees on the side of the meadow and watched as we rode past.

We found this same thing on a solid groomed trail in Whitecourt , in January, as the 2 moose trotted down the trail in front of us a long way, as opposed to jumping into the bush.

Nice to stop and watch as you do not ever see moose that close up.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moose Pic

Forgot to add the picture of the Cow & Calk Moose at the steep hill on the connector in Ministik

Last edited:

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep for sure watch out for wildlife. About 8 or 9 years ago I had a run in with a deer on a sled! The deer came out from the side and my buddy behind me said it jumped over my sled but not without busting my winshield and my right hand(didn't break my hand but couldn't use it for awhile).

Anyone else have a good story?

Top Bottom