And you think 2 sleds on a half ton is bad

bryan_117

Reaction score
IMG_0594.JPG

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's a 4500 I bet it's not over loaded. There a company that makes that deck it a hydraulic one. It's a cool looking rig!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not overweight being a dually.......and not really much higher than my camper is. I kinda like it actually! Wouldn't want to be the one putting fuel in the top one at the service station though!

bryan_117

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how they loaded it, but if its hydraulic that would make it easier. Bet its not fun to drive in a cross wind

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how they loaded it, but if its hydraulic that would make it easier. Bet its not fun to drive in a cross wind

I saw a video of them being loaded somewhere within the last 2 weeks. Might have even been on S&M somewhere. Memories not what it used to be.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Search YouTube on those decks it's pretty slick! But I can't say I would want to have that. If you went through a drive through you would while the top one off lol

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you zoom in you can see the extend post behind the cab so it obviously is a hydraulic lift deck.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I own one of those decks as well. It is a TuffLift hydraulic deck. Sled Deck, ATV deck, Side by Side deck, Motorcycle deck, Jetski Deck and what ever else you can get on the deck that weighs 4000lbs or less if you dont care about your GVWR.

Tim Volking down in Post Falls Idaho makes them. Tuff Lift Snowmobile, ATV, Motorcycle Lift For Your Truck He is one stand up guy and does excellent work.

The third sled is lifted up onto the deck by using a winch. he includes 3000lb winches to do the lifting.

My question is what's so bad about how that trucks set up? The deck doesn't weigh THAT much more then the Denali deck i use to have, not like your leading it on to be. The width is within legal limit, and the height is not more then you see the 5th wheels ripping down the road. That truck has more then enough GVWR to stack those three and three people in the truck.

I have a 2006 duramax and i have hand calculated it out that with all my gear, 3 sleds, fuel and 2 passengers i will still be under my limit by a hair. Keep in mind these are not 4 strokes.

I have nothing but good things to say about these decks. They have all the benefits of a trailer, except nothing behind you, no flat tires, no failed bearings, and no screwing around with lighting. He does top notch work.

If anyone's interested, look Tim up at Tuff Lift Snowmobile, ATV, Motorcycle Lift For Your Truck i may be heading down sometime soon to trade my deck in to get a newer unit and can bring back two decks like i did last time, saving both of us cash!

If anyone has any questions or wants more pictures or video's let me know i will try and get some. Remember, nothings illegal until you get caught, if you're willing to risk it. I attached two things, a picture of my truck with my deck on it with another on top delivering it to saskatoon, I stopped for the night in Fernie. And a video made by Tim showing the deck itself in action.

4087B82F-B4F2-465F-89C4-1264485F66B7-25614-00001CD98A610FBB_zpsc7a6333a.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfyPSCwFr8

bryan_117

Reaction score
It wouldn't be as bad as a camper.
I have a 37 ft 5th wheel and my 2 sleds on my deck is way more top heavy than my camper, enough that I have a set of bags on order. I couldn't imagine it with another sled higher.

bryan_117

Reaction score
I own one of those decks as well. It is a TuffLift hydraulic deck. Sled Deck, ATV deck, Side by Side deck, Motorcycle deck, Jetski Deck and what ever else you can get on the deck that weighs 4000lbs or less if you dont care about your GVWR.

Tim Volking down in Post Falls Idaho makes them. Tuff Lift Snowmobile, ATV, Motorcycle Lift For Your Truck He is one stand up guy and does excellent work.

The third sled is lifted up onto the deck by using a winch. he includes 3000lb winches to do the lifting.

My question is what's so bad about how that trucks set up? The deck doesn't weigh THAT much more then the Denali deck i use to have, not like your leading it on to be. The width is within legal limit, and the height is not more then you see the 5th wheels ripping down the road. That truck has more then enough GVWR to stack those three and three people in the truck.

I have a 2006 duramax and i have hand calculated it out that with all my gear, 3 sleds, fuel and 2 passengers i will still be under my limit by a hair. Keep in mind these are not 4 strokes.

I have nothing but good things to say about these decks. They have all the benefits of a trailer, except nothing behind you, no flat tires, no failed bearings, and no screwing around with lighting. He does top notch work.

If anyone's interested, look Tim up at Tuff Lift Snowmobile, ATV, Motorcycle Lift For Your Truck i may be heading down sometime soon to trade my deck in to get a newer unit and can bring back two decks like i did last time, saving both of us cash!

If anyone has any questions or wants more pictures or video's let me know i will try and get some. Remember, nothings illegal until you get caught, if you're willing to risk it. I attached two things, a picture of my truck with my deck on it with another on top delivering it to saskatoon, I stopped for the night in Fernie. And a video made by Tim showing the deck itself in action.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...5F66B7-25614-00001CD98A610FBB_zpsc7a6333a.jpg
I never noticed it was hydraulic. On a proper truck with the proper gvwr it would be handy. But I still don't think I'd like to be driving the truck.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...5F66B7-25614-00001CD98A610FBB_zpsc7a6333a.jpg
That's pretty phucking cool....... Thanks !!!!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Just a winch that hoist the 3rd one up guy could probably figure out how to the the same with a regular deck

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw the same picture on facebook. the owner chimed in and said that it cost $6500 and weighs in at 1200lbs.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
saw the same picture on facebook. the owner chimed in and said that it cost $6500 and weighs in at 1200lbs.
Now, i dont really believe that. Maybe it was just someone else who has the deck. I was talking to him when i was there and the decks set up with superglides/clamps without the third sled mount and without the roll out cargo box under it went for somewhere in the range of $8,600. Also, the weight is high. I know i lifted my deck onto my truck with the smallest mustang skid steer out there and its lift capacity is under 1000lbs and it lifted it no problem. I am going to get mine on the cat scale to determine exactly how much the deck weighs.

Nikm17

Reaction score
If its $8600 wouldn't it make more sense to just find a nice used enclosed trailer or something? Even if you paid a bit more than that, then you never have to worry about tarps or any of that.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If its $8600 wouldn't it make more sense to just find a nice used enclosed trailer or something? Even if you paid a bit more than that, then you never have to worry about tarps or any of that.

Tough to get a trailer turned around on some roads in early and late season riding thats why peeps use a deck over a trailer

Top Bottom