and you call yourself a firefighter?

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like seriously.... my neighbors hay bales cought fire today and it took the fire dep. an hour to get their and when they got their do you think they had the slightest idea what to do???!!?!!!? the fire was burning about 150 bales and spreading to more. once the bale is burnt its done anyway, so instead of keeping the others from buring up they were waisting all the water on the buring bales then a guy was trying to tell them that the other bales were catching fire guys said "well i need to be over here", so he just took a hose and started spraying himself. then that went on and on. so while they were fooling around more and more bales were burning up. one thing they dont realize is those bales cost money, those bales feed the cow that feeds you, so why not save what you can and let burn what is already burning?

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they should've started at the head and then worked back to where it started. trying to keep the water off the still "good" hay. but was the hay out in the open or was there anything near where he was spraying that needed to be protected from possibly catching fire also. but what started it? wet bales?

Hopefully your neighbor had his hay insured.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he was cutting grass and sparked something. but yeah its not rocket sience, just keep the fire from spreading to the other bales. WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY. But we moved everything that was in the way and the wind was blowing the right direction, pushing the fire away from the yard and everything else and pushing it out in the field. so their was nothing in the way or anything

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and it people like u that pizz me off when i worked on the fire department we were VOLUNTEER yeah thats right VOLUNTEER busting are azz off for people saftey just about get run over many of time scraping up dead bodies off hyway 63 cutting people out of cars with the jaws of life and getting home all hours of the night and have people like u think u can do it better go ahead come up here with me and scape dead bodies off the hyway and see how easy it is :rant:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He started his own fire, if he didn't like the help he should put it out himself. That is most likely a volunteer fire crew being on a farm. Ya, a burning house is money to, but they do things certain ways for a reason.

If you think it's so easy why don't you go do their job......

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If it was my bales I would got a tractor and started pushing the good bales outta there before they burnt let the FF soak down the good ones

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I was a volunteer for 10 years ,,,then full time for a while as well .it is not an easy job....He is being told what to to by someone above him,,,Captain or Chief , he/ she does what they are told or else,,,,,,very military enviroment if ya know what i mean...it may look stupid to you but for the first minutes on scene it is called "organized chaos".Please have patience with volunteers they are not getting a very good wage ,,getting called out at any time of the night(still have their real jobs to go to the next day),,,and if they get a page during something important ,could be your kids birthday even they will go ,,at least the firefighters i was with,,,,,,,30 below or 30 above they will put there life on the line for someone they don't know,,,,not to pizz you off ,,but it is a very strong tie and bond any fire fighter has ,,,volunteer or full time.

CHEERS

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a volunteer for 10 years ,,,then full time for a while as well .it is not an easy job....He is being told what to to by someone above him,,,Captain or Chief , he/ she does what they are told or else,,,,,,very military enviroment if ya know what i mean...it may look stupid to you but for the first minutes on scene it is called "organized chaos".Please have patience with volunteers they are not getting a very good wage ,,getting called out at any time of the night(still have their real jobs to go to the next day),,,and if they get a page during something important ,could be your kids birthday even they will go ,,at least the firefighters i was with,,,,,,,30 below or 30 above they will put there life on the line for someone they don't know,,,,not to pizz you off ,,but it is a very strong tie and bond any fire fighter has ,,,volunteer or full time.

CHEERS

So true...........

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not saying fire fighters are bad and I dont like them, I know their are some really good ones out their. Its just those guys that are wannabe fire fighters that are just doing it so they can say they are fire fighters that dont really care.

I do understand what your saying, they are told what to do and how to do it, but I would like to know, ok after things are organized why dont they keep the the good bales from burning instead of fighting with what is already gone?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not saying fire fighters are bad and I dont like them, I know their are some really good ones out their. Its just those guys that are wannabe fire fighters that are just doing it so they can say they are fire fighters that dont really care

And you are a trained expert in this area?

Do you know how well trained they are?
How do you know they don't care?

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really can't see how you can knock anyone that risks their life for the benefit of others...but looks like I better butter the popcorn for this one.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really can't see how you can knock anyone that risks their life for the benefit of others...but looks like I better the popcorn for this one.

Light a fire to pop it......:d:d:beer::beer:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you want to hear a story about a "firefighter" , listen to this!

one i was sitting at home (maynooth) and i was play ps2 and i herd one of our dogs screaming and crying phsycotically! i looked out side and here hole shed was engulfed in fire!:eek: i said "dad FIRE!" , my sister calls 911 , their was a firehall not 45 seconds by car! meanwhile were all grabbing buckets of melted snow (it was spring) and our 1 inch garden hose , the fire department shows up 1 hour later , the shed is burnt almost to the ground and , we had six pups (who did not survve:(:(:mad:) so the trucks come and the equimpment is ( not kidding here) from the 40s so nothing works , and the whole time the town "hero" is standing , i'm not joking , LAUGHING , omg , ya stupid idiot get your azz over here and help us!!!!!!!!!!!!! freaken moron!!!! the mother of the pups ran out of the shed on fire fire , rolled in snow (on here own) and put herself out! she is a very beauitiful german shepherd and very inteligant , it took 4 month for here nice coat to come back but thank God she made it!!! she is since terrified of heat , bright lights and fire.

the cause of this , a stupid friggen heatlamp , i just wanted to punch that jerks lights out!! the pups went for $500 each , so we just lost about $3000! and he..........excuse me..........IT is laughing!!! these days i probly would have walked over and said in a little voice say "excuse me mister , but could you please , GET THE F#&$ OVER THERE AND HELP DO YOUR JOB!!!! OR YOU"LL SWALLOW ALL FIVE FINGERS!!!! " and if he did not he would indeed swallow all five fingers , but i was like 12 sooo................

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think they were really concerned about saving bales, there job is to put the fire out

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you want to hear a story about a "firefighter" , listen to this!

one i was sitting at home (maynooth) and i was play ps2 and i herd one of our dogs screaming and crying phsycotically! i looked out side and here hole shed was engulfed in fire!:eek: i said "dad FIRE!" , my sister calls 911 , their was a firehall not 45 seconds by car! meanwhile were all grabbing buckets of melted snow (it was spring) and our 1 inch garden hose , the fire department shows up 1 hour later , the shed is burnt almost to the ground and , we had six pups (who did not survve:(:(:mad:) so the trucks come and the equimpment is ( not kidding here) from the 40s so nothing works , and the whole time the town "hero" is standing , i'm not joking , LAUGHING , omg , ya stupid idiot get your azz over here and help us!!!!!!!!!!!!! freaken moron!!!! the mother of the pups ran out of the shed on fire fire , rolled in snow (on here own) and put herself out! she is a very beauitiful german shepherd and very inteligant , it took 4 month for here nice coat to come back but thank God she made it!!! she is since terrified of heat , bright lights and fire.

the cause of this , a stupid friggen heatlamp , i just wanted to punch that jerks lights out!! the pups went for $500 each , so we just lost about $3000! and he..........excuse me..........IT is laughing!!! these days i probly would have walked over and said in a little voice say "excuse me mister , but could you please , GET THE F#&$ OVER THERE AND HELP DO YOUR JOB!!!! OR YOU"LL SWALLOW ALL FIVE FINGERS!!!! " and if he did not he would indeed swallow all five fingers , but i was like 12 sooo................

They must have been driving a Yamaha firetruck to take this long Joey.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

I do understand what your saying, they are told what to do and how to do it, but I would like to know, ok after things are organized why dont they keep the the good bales from burning instead of fighting with what is already gone?

I cant answer that,,,most of the bale fires i have been on ,,the farmer uses the grapple to seperate the bales and then you actually just control the spread ,,

But departments do have different ways of doing things....

Top Bottom