An orginial sledbettie

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pic, scotts. This is going to be an awesome thread. I happen to have 2 old pics, one of my aunt, and one of my mom in the early sleddin' days....sorry, but my dad happens to be in the pic too!! lol

Sledding really does run in my family!!:p

My Aunt in the early 70's
auntLorriesled1-1.jpg

My Mom sledding with my Dad, 1969....and this was on top of a mountain!! Can you say early mountain sledders!!
mom1969sledding.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awsome pics Queen. Check out your moms mitts. I betcha Klim didnt sponser her. lol

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
These kinds of pictures are SO cool! :beer: I get jealous when I hear stories of ladies growing up riding with their moms... :cool: I've had my mom on a sled once, it was a grass drag and she went full throttle WITH her left hand grasping the brake lever allllll the way down the track. Oh did I meantion she screamed the whole way too!?! LMAO She was shakin' like crazy after that... but grinning! :d

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hehehhee i can totally see it B! yeah, I too wish my mom had my love of motorsports... unfortunately her comment to me is that she's doing her part to lessen my carbon footprint! My mom is a TOTAL hippie!! and I love her for it and for givin me a different perspective than a lot of other motorsports people might have! however, share the love, not really... she loves ME and supports ME but totally doesn't get it... My BFs mom on the other hand... used to ride back in the day and we just recently got her back into it.. she's comin in HEAD FIRST lemme tell ya!! She's all sorts of excited and last night we helped her put a hitch on her little SUV so she can be all independent with it!! SUPER stoked to share this with her (My BF just shakes his head and says, 'What did you do to my mom?!! She wants to buy a mtn sled and she just bought a hitch and is putting it on herself!!' hahahahhahaa)

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with Skadi on this one...my mom was not into power sports at all other than water skiing way back when...they got into quadding not to long ago but no sledding. However, my mom does love to see our pics, loves to hear our stories and watch our videos of the backcountry in winter.

One day I would like to take her out to see some of the places she quads at...to see those areas in the winter is so much better than summer sometimes...so pieceful

Some day......you guys are so lucky to have had that...great pics of the early days of sledding....a sort of tribute to your powersports moms...

Top Bottom