Amsoil oil ??

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been running amsoil dominator red oil in my sled and when in valemont picked up amsoil clear but both say synthetic oil is there any difference. Running it premixed in a 1150.

padge

Reaction score
amsoil interceper is factory replacement and dominator is "race" oil from what i know...
but ive been wrong once before.....

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct .....these are the descriptions of the two oils from Amsoils web site...

INTERCEPTOR 2-Cycle Oil
High-performance 2-cycle oil with an emphasis on exhaust power valves. Contains high levels of detergent additives to prevent valve sticking. Replaces manufacturer-branded oils. Injector use or 50:1 premix. Excellent in snowmobiles, motorcycles, PWC, ATVs and jet boats.

DOMINATOR 2-Cycle Oil
Racing 2-cycle oil with an emphasis toward high-horsepower and modified racing or trail motors. Contains higher viscosity base oils for best overall protection and additives for higher operating temperatures. Injector use or 50:1 pre-mix. For snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, PWC, go-carts and racing outboard motors.

If you need more info or soome Amsoil products in the Edmonton or Sherwood Park Area ....let us know

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the Dominator oil works the same as far as the power valves are concerned, it just has all the race qualities on top of the Intimidator oil so to speak.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run my CR 250 on 50:1 dominator and love it. I can screem that bike all day long and its never missed a beat.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all that responded they helped and found the red stuff at local Yammy dealer reasonable to 61 for 4l. Thanks again will use the other stuff in my chainsaw. Have to go now heading to Valemont.

Top Bottom