American Trucks

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good source for locating used trucks in the states, like a U S version of the truck trader?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good source for locating used trucks in the states, like a U S version of the truck trader?
Wait 'till the big three go bankrupt and go to the auction. Good deals there!
(Not much warrantee though).

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dollars at about 78 cents American, not saving much/if any going south of the border any more. Add in time off work, gas, hotels, hassle for importing...

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dollar will come back up. Analysts are still predicting a drop of the US dollar. Cdn dollar should come up to about 90 cents or so. Also take into account that dealers and the public down south are trying to unload big vehicles. I keep nosing around and there are some amazing deals to be had. Luxury vehicles are being hardest hit right now. That offsets the lower dollar some. Wait a bit and see what happens.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Closed at 77 cents yesterday - yes dollar is bound to come back up but when???? As much as we have a strong economy in Canada we are so tied into the global economy that when oil goes less than $50 a barrel - don't count on our dollar gpoing back up until oil prices go up. Oil prices will go up when the world feels like spending money again - not going to happen for awhile.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Low fuel prices in the US have sparked new interest in SUV sales. Go figure..........

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Edmonton Global news tonight they mentioned a dealer in Florida that is offereing new Dodge trucks at buy 1 and get 1 free - no joke. Low fuel prices not hellping that dealership.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been nosing around for a new vehicle as well, for my wife and baby. Some of the local dealers are having prices more in line with the Americans. Still a bit higher though. I was reading that Canadian sales have been fairing well, 1.6 million to date. That's a good record so far. Kicker though is that over the last month sales have plummeted here in Canada. Toyota alone dropped 30 some percent. They are already planning days to shut down at the new plant in Ontario that has not even opened yet. Luxury vehicles seem the hardest hit and I see it in the prices of new releases here in Canada. Not sure what trucks are doing, but I think if we wait it out another month or two things here might get on par with the US. Dealers are starting to show their desperation.

Top Bottom