Amber Alert for Toddler in Sparwood...

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trouble is the shiner is on the wrong person, and that would be just a start. Hope all the best for the young lad and hope they find him real soon. Any further update??

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't see a good out come.............usually isn't. Praying for the boys safe return !!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trouble is the shiner is on the wrong person, and that would be just a start. Hope all the best for the young lad and hope they find him real soon. Any further update??

[h=3]Amber Alert issued for person of interest[/h]Initially police said they suspected Kienan may have been sleepwalkingand a massive search of the area was launched by emergency officials and volunteers.
But then late on Wednesday afternoon police issued an Amber Alert, saying they were looking for Hopley, who they initially identifed as a person of interest in the case who they wanted to talk to.
On Thursday morning police began calling Hopley a suspect in the case.
Police say Hopley, who is not related to the Hebert family, is a resident of the area who has a police record with a dozen break-and-enter convictions and one sexual assault conviction.
si-bc-110908-randall-peter-hopley-rcmp.jpg
Police are also looking for Randall Peter Hopley, 46, as a person of interest in the case. RCMP
"He does have a history of breaking into homes in the Elk Valley. In many instances...there have been children's belongings [stolen] and in one instance he was in one residence where there was another young child," said RCMP Sgt Dave Dubnyk.
Three years ago Hopley was charged with child abduction and unlawful confinement in connection with a break-in, but those charges were eventually dropped.
Hopley is described as:
  • 46 years old.
  • Brown hair.
  • Hazel eyes.
  • Caucasian.
  • Having a birthmark along his hairline.
Police are also looking for his brown 1987 Toyota Camry with the B.C. licence plate 098 RAL, and urging the public to call 911 immediately with any information.
[h=3]Family turns to faith in God[/h]Kienan's father Paul Hebert said the family was relying on their faith in God to help them get through.
mi-bc-110907-hopley-toyota.jpg
Police released this picture of a vehicle like Randall Peter Hopley's. RCMP
"You know when it is trying times, it's God... We are only human, and it's only by God that we can stay strong," he said.
Hebert said Kienan is one of eight children in the family. His father described him as a happy, innocent child who loves McDonald's food.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he sounds like a top notch person.

i am willing to bet though that there is a couple wires shorted out in the attic. kinda looks that way. sad day. i pray all turns out well for the child and the family.
as well as for the suspect if it his actually him and there is a short circuit upstairs that he gets the help he needs.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't stop thinking about this little boy, makes me (I'm sure everyone else as well) sick to see what some people are capable of. Having a 2 yr old, i can't imagine what the family is going through.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I truly hate reading these types of stories about kids it truly breaks my heart.

I hope you are safe young lad.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it his actually him and there is a short circuit upstairs that he gets the help he needs.

By "Help"... do you mean "Bullet"?? Cuz that's the kinda help I have in mind for him. People who hurt children should pay dearly: no second chances, because that kid doesn't get a second chance to change what happened to him/her that will forever change who they are.

On a brighter note: may this boy come home safely to his family.

Last edited:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a friend in Sparwood tonight. No new news as of yet. Unfortuantly for Sparwood this is another tragedy, but these comunnity members will pull it together and not stop at anything to help this little fella. Like a lot of people have said already hopefully the police find this "man" and I use that term loosely before someone in the public does. He is nothing but a coward and a chicken ch!t. There is a candlelight vigil tonight at 9:30 at the Titan. The last time that happened was for the avy victims. Please keep an eye out for the car or the coward and lets get this youngster home where he belongs.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope they find the little fella. Also really hope the boys back home find Randall before the RCMP do!! Hang in there little guy we are pulling for ya.

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Hope I see this creep when im out huntin' this weekend. It should be open season on people that do this chit.

I hope the little guy is all right.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Hope they find the little boy safe and sound soon. I couldn't imagine how scared he is.

And as for that guy.......hope some big guy finds him before the police does....

And makes me re-evaluate leaving the kids screen windows open at night during the summer.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our Justice System needs serious re-evaluation................these people that pray on kids ............personally I think need to be casterated !!!! It sickens me being a mother, that someone could take my child out of site in no time flat.............yes I've been accused of being over-protective at times, but thats what a Mom does, and due to cancer fighting and other issues he's all I have so I will continue to protect as long as I can. I pray the little guy is found un harmed.............but after all that's in the news it scared the hell out of me a mother is going to be greiving for her child :(

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope they find you little one... Hang in there, be strong! As for the pos who took u... No words can even come close !

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By "Help"... do you mean "Bullet"?? Cuz that's the kinda help I have in mind for him. People who hurt children should pay dearly: no second chances, because that kid doesn't get a second chance to change what happened to him/her that will forever change who they are.

On a brighter note: may this boy come home safely to his family.
wasn't thinking bullet no sorry. i agree no second chances, but if he is all messed in the brain they do not know what they are doing. very difficult to comprehend until you actually deal with people like that. many variables need to be looked at.
from this guys past the way it looks to me is the government/health care system is the one to blame the most here. he obviously has issues and they should have been giving him the help he needed long ago. hospitilization or medication to help straighten out the wiring so to speak.

but back to the main point of the story i pray for the safe return of the child and strength for the family in this time of grief

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dpolacik. Are you from Sparwood? Just wondering the way you talk about the boys back home. I lived there for 18-19 years. But back to topic. The scumbag is still on the lam and the little fella is not at home. Lots of rumors of sightings on facebook from Cranbrook going out farther west. So anybody out west can keep an eye out it is greatly appreciated. Let's get this youngster home. :(

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.275230,-113.378348

Top Bottom