Am I a whackjob?

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there nothing better than seeing something you have built come to life (other than your children)? I have built many projects and the first noises they make are awesome! Please tell me I'm not a weirdo! I just finished a project and had a few pops and basking in the afterglow.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as long as you didn't cry,,, because that wouldn't be cool, better post some pic's to share.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're not a weirdo. This is the biggest complaint I have with my current job....at the end of every well, I've contributed a bunch of paperwork....that's it. Sure I've sold mud and optimized the usuage for our client for the best value...but the clients are oil companies and do they really give a fock?
I still drive down roads that I surveyed 15 years ago and think, "what a nice road...I remember when this was a narrow, twisty dirt road and now it's so nice to drive down". I don't get that sense of "I helped build something" any more.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're not a weirdo. This is the biggest complaint I have with my current job....at the end of every well, I've contributed a bunch of paperwork....that's it. Sure I've sold mud and optimized the usuage for our client for the best value...but the clients are oil companies and do they really give a fock?
I still drive down roads that I surveyed 15 years ago and think, "what a nice road...I remember when this was a narrow, twisty dirt road and now it's so nice to drive down". I don't get that sense of "I helped build something" any more.

is that road the one with all the pot holes dave?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree ,i built most of my RZR add ons from scratch............I enjoy that almost as much as riding. It`s kinda like the bike builder shows. Where a guy walks to the other end of the shop,picks something dusty off the shelf and bolts it on.....what BS. Build it from scratch,better than the original,that`s FUN.....!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, there is a great amount of self satisfaction involved when you create and build something. But then comes patents, patents lawyers, global distributors, shipping delays, warranty issues...fawk it, I'm going to sell out and go back to work in the field.

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are a wack job.... But so are most of us! Love to see, feel and hear something that you have put the breath of life into!

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had a bigger ch!t-eating grin on my face than when I drove my cummins swapped f-3shitty for the first time. I have my quad for those days when I just want to get on and go, but I do also like wrenching on stuff.

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love to contribute a little bit of myself into everything I do.
0ceaf8d0-7404-49b0-a059-c8a373df42e4.jpg

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there nothing better than seeing something you have built come to life (other than your children)? I have built many projects and the first noises they make are awesome! Please tell me I'm not a weirdo! I just finished a project and had a few pops and basking in the afterglow.

You gotta be a whackjob. Look where you live!

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road with all the potholes is in Prince George. It is located beside all the other roads here that are full of potholes.

I'm not sure what is worse, winter with the land mines sticking up or spring with craters. We don't need nice roads we're gonna have a nice spiffy police stn and a nice dyke for the hooligans to spray paint.

Top Bottom