Aluminum vs. Fiberglass travel trailer...pros/cons

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a jayco fan and haven't been until I seen this one . The fine details like cutting rubber to fit perfectly around the slide rail system where they could of easily put a continuous piece like most do then it just bulges out. 2 beefs one is the ramp door is a little heavy they could of used something similar to sled trailers and the other is the front compartment where the generator is just has latches but no locks but other than that the quality was shocking I even looked at new 2020 Raptors and found issues and they were brand new!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said earlier if the hardwall delaminates it's pretty much done or a very expensive repair. Tin walls you can actually pull apart and fix yourself. Other than that the hardwall is nicer in every way.
One of the main reasons I went with aluminum on this trailer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its pretty hard to get everything u want in a trailer it seems u have to give up some of the stuff you want. I wanted the hard but couldn't find one with the layout i wanted so tin side it is .

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info provided everyone.
Man that's some crazy freakin' damage done, we don't get that here regularly. Hail yes, broken windshields and houses blown apart not so much.
That's what I'm finding looking at different models, you're not going to get everything you like/want in one trailer.
Was looking at Kingsport GSX G26, didn't mind the layout but the ol' lady didn't care for the tiny and lack of windows. To quote her " it's like looking out your basement window"

Top Bottom