aluminum polishing..sled deck in particular

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You monkeys that's the polisher not the sander. I'm curious too if you have to hand sand or can cheat with an orbital or something?

You are best to wet sand from what I understand, I would think you could do either but be careful if using the orbital as to not cut too deep.

I'll be rock guarding mine.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it to Ian. He took my marathon deck that was in similar if not worse shape than your deck and made it into a mirror!! It really complimented my new truck:)

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You monkeys that's the polisher not the sander. I'm curious too if you have to hand sand or can cheat with an orbital or something?

See???? What do I know about polishing? That's why I recommend gravel guard. Lol

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
After spending more than a few hours (probably more like a hundred or so hours) of wet sanding and then buffing with various rouge on three different sled tunnels, Boydo or some like him that does it professionally is your best bet. If you can find a good powder coater who knows how to properly prep aluminum you'll never have to worry about polishing again.

Top Bottom