Aluminum 2 Place Trailer

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a floe 14' with top. It's a tandem with electric brakes and has 50.000 km easy on it. Haven't had to fix a thing. Western boat lift st Albert sells them. These are the cats ass so to speak. You can buy them without the top also

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy, I just took this trailer in on trade. It's a Newman tagged as a PJ, 11' + 2' with a torsion axle. The gentleman had a custom ramp extension added which makes it nice for loading. He also added 3 boxes of Superglides to the deck and ramps. He used it twice and it looks brand new! $2,500.00 + GST = $2,625.00 total.

If you're interested, let me know. I haven't even advertised it yet. :beer:

Attachments

• All Aluminum 11 + 2 #1.jpg
    All Aluminum 11 + 2 #1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 78
  • All Aluminum 11 + 2 #2.jpg
    All Aluminum 11 + 2 #2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 76
  • All Aluminum 11 + 2 #3.jpg
    All Aluminum 11 + 2 #3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 75
  • All Aluminum 11 + 2 #4.jpg
    All Aluminum 11 + 2 #4.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 77
  • All Aluminum 11 + 2 #5.jpg
    All Aluminum 11 + 2 #5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 73
  • All Aluminum 11 + 2 #6.jpg
    All Aluminum 11 + 2 #6.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 73

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy, I just took this trailer in on trade. It's a Newman tagged as a PJ, 11' + 2' with a torsion axle. The gentleman had a custom ramp extension added which makes it nice for loading. He also added 3 boxes of Superglides to the deck and ramps. He used it twice and it looks brand new! $2,500.00 + GST = $2,625.00 total.

If you're interested, let me know. I haven't even advertised it yet. :beer:

Thats a nice trailer. Looks like 15" tires too. I'm hoping to find something around the $2,000 mark however. Just starting to look so not really ready to buy just yet. But that is exactly what I am looking for. I will absolutely keep that and you in mind now! Thank you for posting this.

Plus I gotta buy the 2nd sled still! lol. Don't want to get a trailer before I have the sled. haha

Last edited:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a nice trailer. Looks like 15" tires too. I'm hoping to find something around the $2,000 mark however. Just starting to look so not really ready to buy just yet. But that is exactly what I am looking for. I will absolutely keep that and you in mind now! Thank you for posting this.

Plus I gotta buy the 2nd sled still! lol. Don't want to get a trailer before I have the sled. haha

?? $600 differance you are going to get a 3 year old trailer with a gillon miles! Flash a smile and zing him $2500 cash and be done! IMO That is a nice traler. I think buddy from work same trailer rigged up new Triton was over $3500...if I remember right.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? $600 differance you are going to get a 3 year old trailer with a gillon miles! Flash a smile and zing him $2500 cash and be done! IMO That is a nice traler. I think buddy from work same trailer rigged up new Triton was over $3500...if I remember right.

No question that's a nice trailer. And sounds like the right price. But...like I said, just asking for opinions on trailers now. This is just a tease getting people selling all these nice trailers lol. I want to get the sled first, see where my $$ is at THEN get a trailer. Just want to see what brands I should research first. And you guys have all given me very good info!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your patient and willing to drive to Edmonton, Martin usually has massive deals on triton 2 place trailers around this time of year. I picked a brand new one up 2 years ago for $2000 plus tax for a basic 12' v nose open trailer with 15" steel wheels and 8' ramp.

Last year I believe they were selling them for $1800? I do remember it being less that what I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxpower

Reaction score
If your patient and willing to drive to Edmonton, Martin usually has massive deals on triton 2 place trailers around this time of year. I picked a brand new one up 2 years ago for $2000 plus tax for a basic 12' v nose open trailer with 15" steel wheels and 8' ramp.

Last year I believe they were selling them for $1800? I do remember it being less that what I paid.

I bought mine in 2009 from Martin. Paid $2300 + GST. I haven't seen them @ $1,800 before.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

But no front sheild / ramp. no spare some have no jack, no super glides! But all that can be added easiely for sure and Triton is a great trailer.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But no front sheild / ramp. no spare some have no jack, no super glides! But all that can be added easiely for sure and Triton is a great trailer.

Exactly. All it came with was screw type ski clamps and a ramp. No jack, spare tire, or anything else.

I did buy the jack separate but can't remember the price. I want to say $90.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear of Aluma trailers? Checked Airdrie trailer and they have a nice looking one on there. $4,000....but I'm sure I could find a better price.

I got a aluma trailor. We paid 2500 for it 5 years ago in red deer. I know i phoned back to them before and they had some aluma with fiberglass tops on for sale @ 2500, that was 2 years ago. Aluma is a awasome trailer, and we bash the hell out of it with no service. I mean 80km/hr going up to chatter lots. Had a tire blow out on it but we were seriously asking for trouble, no tread and it was low on air. Only real complaint is the torsion axle is sprung a little tight for 1 sled hauling, sleds moves around. To be expected when it was built for two though.

it is a v-nose with ramps in the front. Biggest thing we did with it was sheild in the ramp fully as most are only half sheild, made a HUGE diffrence on the amount of road crap on the sleds.

tandoms are nice, but really if you maintain it IE grease the hubs, you ownt have a problem. Tandom also costs more to run down the road, 2 axles instead of 1. As well its just two more tires to buy.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohh and forgot to mention they are really light. I mean me and my g/f hand bomb the ass end of this thing around in tight parking lots with it un hooked from the truck (empty)

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My newman is light (probably around the same as the aluma and triton as their basically the same trailer), I push it into my garage by hand and can even kinda pick up the back end and drag it sideways to make more room, and I have a f*&ked up back. So their light!

Robby

Reaction score
Anyone hear of Aluma trailers? Checked Airdrie trailer and they have a nice looking one on there. $4,000....but I'm sure I could find a better price.
Flaman trailers handle Aluma trailers. They are out in Nisku park Leduc. With salt sheilds and mag wheel and spare I paid $3350 4yrs ago. Just to give you an idea of cost.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you decide to go steel, I have an 8' x 10' drive on/off SWS I'd sell you for $1300.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a tandem Newmans Sled Bed. I bought tandem because I have a dune buggy I may need to haul around and I would be over weight with a single axle. Newman's is the only company that I know of that is selling tandem axle sled trailers. As far as moving them around just lower the front jack and the back axle will come off the ground. I can also shift my trailer a side in the garage even with tandem. They are lite.
My neighbor has an Aluma two doors down. If you want to see a side by side comparison Airdrie isn't that far :cool:

LB_

Reaction score

There is an aluminum 12' (with a salt shield) being sold within the classified forum here on S&M. It's going for $2000. Seems cheap considering the age.

Top Bottom