Aluminum 2 Place Trailer

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a decent 2 place aluminum trailer with the rock guard? Preferably V nose type. Open trailer Looking to buy one in the spring/ summer. Don't care where I buy, US, Canada just wanting to see what brands, or companies people would recommend. I know nothing about trailers.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
watch trailer park boys for trailers to stay away from. triton trailers seem to be okay. definitly check us of a prices. but watch the quality.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what brand to buy but spend the extra money and get a tandem axel you will not regret it ... nothing worse the having a bearing go on a single axle and you are stuck on the side of the road at least with a tandem you can limp it to town or wherever as well try to get torsion axles they rock, very smooth and if you do blow a bearing you dont have to try and tie it up of the ground it will just stay in the air ...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a good point but 2 place tandem axels are hard to come by I don't think triton even makes one. I would recommend the triton they are super light weight and come with large tires. The one in our group has done hundreds of trips back and forth to valemount on the original bearings with Bearing buddies. The best part about the triton is you can move it around your yard and hook it up by yourself easily.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I google'd aluminum trailers Triton was the first to pop up. The tandem axle would be nice but to be honest I'm not sure how much I'm going to use the trailer. My bf has a sled deck, I'm getting a new sled next year and just want to be able to haul my other as a spare.

I'll be checking the US for prices since my family has an import license. So it'd be easy peasy to bring one up.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear of Aluma trailers? Checked Airdrie trailer and they have a nice looking one on there. $4,000....but I'm sure I could find a better price.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tandem axles have pros and cons.

Sure, you blow a bearing and you are hooped on a single axle, but if you don't maintain your junk you will now have 4 tires and 4 bearings that don't end up being maintained.

Maintain your single axle trailer as required and no need for a tandem. Plus a tandem is nice to move around with one or two people when needed.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Triton XT12 tilt with 13" rubber. I ran it last year with just the salt shield and it worked well.

This year I have added on the 2KF4X4 Highboy Cover. This is the best thing I have done. I absolutely love this combination. Total trailer weight with cover is under 850lbs. Clean sleds, and pulls great.

The newer Tritons come with the Dexter Torflex axle with the EZ lube bearing system. You do not have to do a complete tear down of the hub to grease the bearings.

YouTube

I have always stuck with the tilt deck trailers vs. the folding salt shields and rear pull out ramp. My experience in the mountains with the later has always been they are messy when pulling out and covered with road debris, mud, slush, salt etc. and a pain in the a@! To work with.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Last edited:

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flaman up here in Nisku and edmonton has the aluma trailers the price I was given for 10ft 2 place with salt shield was 3299. for a tilt deck it was 1699

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Load sleds on sled deck, drive to Montana for sled trip, drag a Aluma home! Dealt with these guys when I lived it Mt , good bunch! 10 years ago ish. Really not huge savings when u are talking about a $2000 item. But makes for a good road trip and you'll save a little, but not enough to pay for your trip. But enough to say we had a blast in Mt !

Southwest Montana's Utility, Dump, Flatbed & Horse Trailer Dealer - Valley Trailer Sales

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CHeck out SCH Trailers, they cary Newmans Sledbeds, I just picked up a 10' plus V and got the aluminum checker plate salt shield which doubles as drive off ramps and they upgraded to aluminum 15 wheels for no charge, and its was cheaper then Triton for the same setup. So far it seems like a good trailer. I've heard of lots of tritons cracking in spots due to their design but any aluminum trailer or deck can crack with use.

SNAFU

Reaction score
Check out Charmac. My buddy bought one a couple of years ago. It seems to be built a bit beefier than the Triton he had before and came with larger wheels and tires. He got it at Don Laing near Ponoka. It is a V nose that you can drive off the front, but did not come with any slush guards. We made some out of plywood.

maxpower

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a Triton V nose. I have had one for 3 years and its been perfect. That said I am contemplating on selling mine & getting a sled deck now that i have a bigger truck.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a Triton V nose. I have had one for 3 years and its been perfect. That said I am contemplating on selling mine & getting a sled deck now that i have a bigger truck.

how much? lol

Top Bottom