Alternative Impact 36" A-Arms

ken.gee

Reaction score
So I ended up pulling the trigger on a set of Alternative Impact 36" A-Arms for my 2013 Pro RMK today...I am a beginner when it comes to tuning a suspension. Having read so many threads about them, I'm starting to do circles with all of the conflicting information. It looks like most people are happy with them, but others are saying that the sleds are now too tippy. I'm hoping that somebody with solid experience (more than a ride or two) on these arms can chime in!

1 - Would you recommend aftermarket shocks? If not, how should my current suspension, front and rear, be set up? I'm approx 180lbs, + gear.
2 - If I find after a few rides that 36" is too narrow, I'm assuming I could still move the skis out to the widest stance and gain .5" on either side?

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I ended up pulling the trigger on a set of Alternative Impact 36" A-Arms for my 2013 Pro RMK today...I am a beginner when it comes to tuning a suspension. Having read so many threads about them, I'm starting to do circles with all of the conflicting information. It looks like most people are happy with them, but others are saying that the sleds are now too tippy. I'm hoping that somebody with solid experience (more than a ride or two) on these arms can chime in!

1 - Would you recommend aftermarket shocks? If not, how should my current suspension, front and rear, be set up? I'm approx 180lbs, + gear.
2 - If I find after a few rides that 36" is too narrow, I'm assuming I could still move the skis out to the widest stance and gain .5" on either side?

I would think Ppl who say they are too tippy would be running **** shocks with no adjustments. I ran my set up the last two years with raptors and loved them. I also tossed the sway bar out as that's how I like the sled to handle. Only place a sway bar would be nice is on groomed trails where u can get going a good speed. Last year I ended up hitting a rock on the clutch side. To buy 1/2 a set was like 350 usd or something outrageous like that. So I bought some zbroz high clearance ones instead. If u need throttle side parts let me know. They are powder coated black.
bdd274c2dbbc6923c03d1036962fd282.jpg

They also are pretty solid. I Arrived to the meeting with the rock face at like 60mph and it hurt and I was certain the ski was going to be hanging from the tie rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running a set on my 2012 Pro and I love them. I'm just using a stock set of 2014 shocks and Z-Bros dual rate springs! Tippy...well yes but you are narrowing the front end so that's a given, you'll have to ride the setup first and see how you like it and move your skis accordingly! I've broken two of the lower a arm heim joints on hits so maybe think of carrying a spare! It's up to you if you want to spend money on shocks or not, I'm a low budget guy so I don't bother.

Top Bottom