Alright So now that the Camp outs a go..

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should make sure we have some kind of a map print outs or something of the area and trails ?

just saying because i talked to alot of guys last year and most of them had no idea where to go or even where to start going.

maybe some GPS sharing some map print outs of some fine trails and this year people can just get out riding on the first day !

last year i never found good trails until the last morning 1hr before we packed up which kinda sucked.

so I know the trails are out their we just need to advertise the routes so people can go have some fun touring around.

"i mentioned this before just thought id say it again so no one forgot"

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should make sure we have some kind of a map print outs or something of the area and trails ?

just saying because i talked to alot of guys last year and most of them had no idea where to go or even where to start going.

maybe some GPS sharing some map print outs of some fine trails and this year people can just get out riding on the first day !

last year i never found good trails until the last morning 1hr before we packed up which kinda sucked.

so I know the trails are out their we just need to advertise the routes so people can go have some fun touring around.

Sounds good to me... I've never been, so I will definitely appreciate some tour maps :beer:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Its an awesome idea and your right its came up lots of times before BUT its really really hard to do with out marking each trail with signage in the bush which is just not pratical at this point mainly because there is an intersection every 500 meters :eek: for miles and miles. I have over 1500 kms of trails GPS'd in the surrounding area but without signs and some sort of classification of Difficulty its really hard to direct people (workin' on it). I give people directions everyday but I'm always getting the " HOLY CRAP YOU DIDN"T TELL ME ABOUT THE HUGE HILL WE HAD TO CLIMB" my reaction is usally "what hill". The biggest thing about riding out there is that there is ALWAYS a different way back and another way around that "big" hill or mud hole. Don't be affraid to explore a little and I don't mean just 5 kms from your camp try going out 30 kms. We will have some sort of maps available for the weekend but please keep in mind that they will most likely be gps references. The trails are endless. Brush up on your GPS skills :d
I do have gps's for rent that come fully loaded with maps and my tracks.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its an awesome idea and your right its came up lots of times before BUT its really really hard to do with out marking each trail with signage in the bush which is just not pratical at this point mainly because there is an intersection every 500 meters :eek: for miles and miles. I have over 1500 kms of trails GPS'd in the surrounding area but without signs and some sort of classification of Difficulty its really hard to direct people (workin' on it). I give people directions everyday but I'm always getting the " HOLY CRAP YOU DIDN"T TELL ME ABOUT THE HUGE HILL WE HAD TO CLIMB" my reaction is usally "what hill". The biggest thing about riding out there is that there is ALWAYS a different way back and another way around that "big" hill or mud hole. Don't be affraid to explore a little and I don't mean just 5 kms from your camp try going out 30 kms. We will have some sort of maps available for the weekend but please keep in mind that they will most likely be gps references. The trails are endless. Brush up on your GPS skills :d
I do have gps's for rent that come fully loaded with maps and my tracks.

Care to share that gps file buddy, I have falls cr area and the baseline lookout but nothing around Outwest.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have a brand new Garmin touch screen this year.

so if we have trails on a map with maybe some Cords on it of key turn offs ect.. should be much better and hell who knows maybe some of us will form our own groups and head out this year.

last year we never got around to any guided rides really so this year i'm just Hoping to get out early and do some real mean riding.

like you say we may have to explore but it would be nice to know somewhat of where we are headed.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
well i have a brand new Garmin touch screen this year.

so if i have trails on a map with maybe some Cords on it of key turn offs ect.. should be much better and hell who knows maybe some of us will form our own groups and head out this year.

last year we never got around to any guided rides really so this year i'm just Hoping to get out early and do some real mean riding.

like you say we may have to explore but it would be nice to know somewhat of where we are headed.

There's a million miles of trails out there!!!
We just explore and use the gps to find our way home...

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u wont make it up there with a dirtbike

god did i hear that often last year

made it everywhere what is really true is theres endless trails bringing u to 1 destination

for example the falls we took the easy one and heard later on theres pretty much one right from camp

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have road the area a few times,,just ride till half a tank and figure out a way home...:d

Remember some food for the sleep over in the bush

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u wont make it up there with a dirtbike

god did i hear that often last year

made it everywhere what is really true is there's endless trails bringing u to 1 destination

for example the falls we took the easy one and heard later on there's pretty much one right from camp

Fossy most people dont realize that for every area you have to be careful on a dirt bike you go prob 5x quicker everywhere else than a ATV does.

I think of dirt bikes more like snowmobiles compared to ATVs they cover some serious ground and so long as you dont try to river cross 5 feet of water with them you can pretty much go anywhere and you cover major ground while your doing it.

Top Bottom