Alpine turbod vipers

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously thinking of buying Deans turbod viper from Alpine just wondering if anyone has one and if their kit is working well....they have the boost it fuel system on it....i had a alpine turbod apex that i just got rid of with boost it and it ran flawless....i have been dealing with dean for a few years now and he treats me very well....any input would be appreciated...

94YJ

Reaction score
Well your not going to like this response, not sure about their new viper kits but who ever worked on my sled was a terrible mechanic, have had nothing but problems because of ****ty craftmanship, hack job on everything, had major oil leaks form the oil return pump, cause it was never put on properly then they told me that i should not take it apart and fix it cause of all the timing pins and major parts and that only "our professional mechs should work on it" pffffffffffft I had it of and fixed properly in 15 min, now im dealing with boost and exhaust leaks, I have had to replace the two blue hose lines that run of the intercooler to the turbo cause the did such a ****ty job cutting around everything that they dug in a cut big slits and cuts and well it leaked bad, I might post a pic so you can see how bad it looks but the sled is coverd in snow right now. Ever since i got the sled back it has ran like **** and this is the second season of fixing there **** ups and ****ty craftsmanship. And all they say is bring it back to us so we can fix it for you, not a ****ing chance they are ever going to work on my sled again or ever see any of my money again and as for buying another kit from them good luck do your self a favor and go talk to Neil at boost-it and least they can put a kit on a sled with out butchering the hell out of your sled, that's my view on them nothing but problems, maybe if they took the time to do the job right the first time they would have better success with there kits. not sure if anyone has had these problems? did you read the add on here where buddy sled caught on fire? i'm still waiting for that day when my sled does it cause of the ****ty work they did.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well your not going to like this response, not sure about their new viper kits but who ever worked on my sled was a terrible mechanic, have had nothing but problems because of ****ty craftmanship, hack job on everything, had major oil leaks form the oil return pump, cause it was never put on properly then they told me that i should not take it apart and fix it cause of all the timing pins and major parts and that only "our professional mechs should work on it" pffffffffffft I had it of and fixed properly in 15 min, now im dealing with boost and exhaust leaks, I have had to replace the two blue hose lines that run of the intercooler to the turbo cause the did such a ****ty job cutting around everything that they dug in a cut big slits and cuts and well it leaked bad, I might post a pic so you can see how bad it looks but the sled is coverd in snow right now. Ever since i got the sled back it has ran like **** and this is the second season of fixing there **** ups and ****ty craftsmanship. And all they say is bring it back to us so we can fix it for you, not a ****ing chance they are ever going to work on my sled again or ever see any of my money again and as for buying another kit from them good luck do your self a favor and go talk to Neil at boost-it and least they can put a kit on a sled with out butchering the hell out of your sled, that's my view on them nothing but problems, maybe if they took the time to do the job right the first time they would have better success with there kits. not sure if anyone has had these problems? did you read the add on here where buddy sled caught on fire? i'm still waiting for that day when my sled does it cause of the ****ty work they did.

This sounds like one dealer bashing another dealer

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had Alpine build me a turbo rx1 7 years ago and not one problem. I would not hesitate to have them build me another one. Dean and Julian are awesome people.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had Alpine build me a turbo rx1 7 years ago and not one problem. I would not hesitate to have them build me another one. Dean and Julian are awesome people.
Are you still riding it and how many miles you have on it,I'm assuming a few thousand in seven years, what have you been running for boost? Just interested in the longevity of these.Thx.........

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you still riding it and how many miles you have on it,I'm assuming a few thousand in seven years, what have you been running for boost? Just interested in the longevity of these.Thx.........

I've got over 5000 KM running 15-17 pounds of. Boost. Its my spare now as I have a TurboM1000. But I still don't trust it like my 4stroke

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HPIM1390-650x0-500x489.jpg .This is what she looks like now

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the reason I asked,I love the power and there is nothing I have ever been on that climbs like this and I'm just getting used to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 181
Top Bottom