Alpine turbo question

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Just wondering if some one can explain what the difference is with the alpine low boost turbo kits?? Is there any advantage to running these on a nytro or any disadvantages? If you have any information please feel free to explain.

Thanks

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give the boys at Alpine motorsports in Salmon Arm a call. They will fill you in.
I just bought an Alpine/Trask Low boost kit. 200Hp at 8lbs.
They use the larger 2860 ball brg turbo, intercooler included. If you want more all you need is the head shim.

From my searching the other low boost kits use a smaller turbo, no intercooler. So in the end it cost much more to upgrade when you want to go 240-260Hp
But this is just my 2C

400hp

Reaction score
i believe alpine low boost is a rear mount turbo that will only make 170-180hp..... i dont think is enough if you want a turbo 4 stroke. Get the big turbo installed so you can run 15lbs boost and if you want in the future you can do some motor work and make 20lbs!! .....i run alpine front mount on my apex with boost-it fuel system and 17lbs and it is fast!

Get ahold of boost-it if you are putting turbo on yr etech....they have some working really good

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Alpine low boost is the rear mount but so MCX and MPI low boost kits. The bonus to Alpine's is it comes with an intercooler. Then when you want more boost you do the head shim.
The other kits need head shim, intercooler, & injectors to upgrade.

400hp

Reaction score
Yes Alpine low boost is the rear mount but so MCX and MPI low boost kits. The bonus to Alpine's is it comes with an intercooler. Then when you want more boost you do the head shim.
The other kits need head shim, intercooler, & injectors to upgrade.

but its just a small turbo alpine puts on... so you cant just add a head shim and turn boost up....its not that easy!!

400hp

Reaction score
Just wondering if some one can explain what the difference is with the alpine low boost turbo kits?? Is there any advantage to running these on a nytro or any disadvantages? If you have any information please feel free to explain.

Thanks

these low boost alpine kits work great!....but when you start riding with bigger hp sleds that are faster its not a kit that can be upgraded that easily!...my opinion is spend the $$ up front and save yourself donw the road when you realize that 180hp isnt going to cut it!!

ridehard1212

Reaction score
actually its not a small turbo.. comes with a garret 2860... same as there front mount.. Before i purchased mine i was talking to a guy in van that rode his "stock" decided it was not enough for him, put the headshim in and has been riding it @ 15lbs ever since... (He also had to upgrade fuel system, but thats standard)

ridehard1212

Reaction score
Maybe people should know what they are talking about before they post.. Dean at alpine has pre-set Fuel box/clutch kits for Alpine/trask low boost kits... (6-10lbs depending on elevation and fuel) then if you want to run higher boost on pump u need to ad a head shim and a better fuel system (best bet is Boost-it)

ridehard1212

Reaction score
Personally i Run 7-10lbs depending on elevation on straight 100AV... That gets me over or around the 200hp mark and i am more then happy at this point

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have the Alpine low boost kit & just waiting to try it out. The reason I went with Alpine is the facts I mentioned above. Big turbo, intercooler, just need head shim & fuel sys IF I want to go with more power.
And the OP asked about low boost kits benefits.

ridehard1212

Reaction score
been out just once on mine culvert... Are u going to be running Deans pure logic box and settings?(seemed like once i get clutching set its going to be great!) Are you running Deans clutching set-up?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked it up from a guy in Enderby used. I was told it is all of Deans stuff in there.
I will be checking everything out once I have time to tear into it more. Iam running the Pro Logic box with Deans settings. Called and asked him what he runs and that is what I put it to.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have his control with his settings.....runs sweet, pull hard...green all the way when on boost.

I have just went boost -it mine is for sale....250.00

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a way better system with less tuning needed is my understanding.....I have a shim and run 10-12 now...no issues, but I wanna run 15 consistently. The sled just rips is what I have been told by others that have similar set ups. They say this is the shizz frizz....

Top Bottom