Allison transmission service

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There are a number of adapters ( Nicktane, ADP... ) you can buy to run a $20 CAT 2micron fuel filter. Adapter pays for itself quickly.

What is the P/N on that filter? I'm diitching my stock filter housing and want to switch to a different 2micron-preferably a CAT and then just buy a filter housing that fits it.

Summitboy

Reaction score
Depending on what year u have Dexron 6 is not compatible with the seals in some Alli's. There is a serial number in 2006 that tells you what should be used. Prior to this SN Dex 6 is not compatible with the seals. After Dex 6 is fine. Transynd is the best stuff going for a stocker. Mobil Delvac (with the Alli symbol on jug) is also a 295 spec fluid and is supposedly a good fluid. Amsoil never paid for the 295 spec but they say Torque Shift is a identical fluid.

Drop the fluid, refill with Transynd, drive for 1/2 hour or so, drop fluid and change filter, refill with Transynd. That nets you 90% Transynd and you are good for 160,000 miles according to the guy who wrote the 295 spec. Money

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. If you look at the Dex 6 bottle its says it replaces Dex 3

sent from my htc

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mopar's atf+4 can replace almost any transmission fluid, except the cvt's........... They gaurantee it, and i have the literature from dodge about it.....it's full synthetic and much more affordable than any other sytnthetic transmission fluid out there. Jus' sayin'

Top Bottom