all updates,still blows up..

BENDER 151

Reaction score
08 800 163 blew up on sat,all updates done on stock sled..wat the hell is the problem with these machines???should be warranty but lose out on prime riding time..not happy:nono:

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy I work with had his 09 Dragon 800 go down too. APPARENTLY if your running a MBRP can,this is causing the problem,the can is not tuned for the 800 as it fits 600,700 & 800's and there is too much heat being generated. Guys here running 10% race fuel are having no problems.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy I work with had his 09 Dragon 800 go down too. APPARENTLY if your running a MBRP can,this is causing the problem,the can is not tuned for the 800 as it fits 600,700 & 800's and there is too much heat being generated. Guys here running 10% race fuel are having no problems.

i doubt this is true. there are three of us in a group that all have 800's. 1 09 dragon, 1 10 dragon and 1 10 rmk. all of us run mbrp cans. no other engine mods. none of us have had any trouble. all three sleds run amazing.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 800 163 blew up on sat,all updates done on stock sled..wat the hell is the problem with these machines???should be warranty but lose out on prime riding time..not happy:nono:

I have a similar sled, riddled with problems also.... I would like to burn it!!!!:rant:

snowdrifter

Reaction score
Same here, sized three times on the trail before it blew up, always on the way up to the mountains. 4 corner size up. running way to hot in midrange. I belive it has something to do with the exhaust valves opening late, generating more airflow. however, I think Polaris should hand out free PCV. just my :twocents:

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here, sized three times on the trail before it blew up, always on the way up to the mountains. 4 corner size up. running way to hot in midrange. I belive it has something to do with the exhaust valves opening late, generating more airflow. however, I think Polaris should hand out free PCV. just my :twocents:
ha ha ha maybe it could be the camshaft holding your exhaust valve closed to long

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i doubt this is true. there are three of us in a group that all have 800's. 1 09 dragon, 1 10 dragon and 1 10 rmk. all of us run mbrp cans. no other engine mods. none of us have had any trouble. all three sleds run amazing.

Doubt all you want, this is coming from Polaris,and may effect warranty.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will fix all your problems..........once and for all.........2 yrs of riding on mine 2400 kms not one hick up......pull the rope and ride....

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

snowdrifter

Reaction score
ha ha ha maybe it could be the camshaft holding your exhaust valve closed to long

2010 Dragon 800 annoyingly lean midrange, and goofily fat WOT
DynoTechJim's theory of causes of the infamous stumble, and possible ways to rectify

Did not make it up myself. DynoTechJim's dynotables including airflow and conclusion he writes about in this article seems pretty plausible to me, and matches my experience. And yes, two stroke nowadays have exhaust valves too. They just work a little diffrent, but that may be over your head anyways.

hilinerider

Reaction score
plugged my exh valve hose so it operates like the old ves motors, picked up 200 rpm in a pull

Hoots

Reaction score
Ya I had issues also( 08 800 163 all 100% stock), all updates done, just got both pistons replaced due to really bad "scoring":rant::rant: every mechanic you talk to has a different theory:confused:. So far BIGDAWG,s theory is the only consistant one ( ride with him and have rode the 09 TURBO DRAGON, VEEEERRRY IMPRESSIVE !!:d:d)I have yet to see him do anything but add oil,fuel. what scares me is whats going to happen when the warranty runs out and motors are still blowing up.:eek::eek: Maybe polaris will pay BIGDAWG for my turbo :rolleyes::rolleyes:

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i work in parts and service at a polaris dealer and all we sell is mbrp cans.

Thought Polaris was in bed with SLP not MBRP. My 800 got a MBRP installed by the dealer too,I'll just run the race fuel and hopefully be done with it.It was one of the guys in engineering that said it was the can that caused the engine to go down.I call BullS^&t but,what-ever.I think there trying to cover there a$$es for a major screw up.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so have they fixed the problem of the polaris 08 800? I know guys with 5 engines in them now? this winter will be interesting? seen them blow up with less than 100 miles and some make it to just over 1000 miles! looking at the 800 I think the 900 was a great engine lol. Im going to stick to my 4 stroke that will see 10 times the life! polaris made me buy my Apex!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here about some of the polaris guys luck, I have 2100 mls on my sled with the 09 update and not a lick of problems its just runs every ride never had any issues other than my own doing. sounds like the 2011 will be better than the past yrs motor with problems...but again we wont no ontil they get on the snow.....

Top Bottom