All MUDDERS!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: All MUDDERS!
Thought I'd try to inform people, but obviously you don't care or too stupid to realize the issues you are causing.

Selling the kwad now might not be a bad idea Mudboy, in a few years it might not be worth anything.

the biggest problem is were all a bunch of pussys and let them push us the TAX PAYERS around.

So we wanna ride on a fking trail in the middle of no where and fling a little sand/mud but they want to stop us. and look for any reason possible to do so.

If it were up the pencil pushers in our gov offices we would all have to stay home after work .. just enough that they get a cut of our paychecks but still out of their hair.

seriously IF they ever put a ban on ATV's my bikes getting a nitros bottle and they can come catch me.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the biggest problem is were all a bunch of pussys and let them push us the TAX PAYERS around.

So we wanna ride on a fking trail in the middle of no where and fling a little sand/mud but they want to stop us. and look for any reason possible to do so.

If it were up the pencil pushers in our gov offices we would all have to stay home after work .. just enough that they get a cut of our paychecks but still out of their hair.

seriously IF they ever put a ban on ATV's my bikes getting a nitros bottle and they can come catch me.

That's not it at all.

They pick on us BECAUSE WE PROMOTE IT. We're an easy target, and the environmental issues are an easy push on the public. Once the public takes their side, the government, not wanting to deal with the hassles and squeeky wheels, look for the easy way out. And that involves closure of all areas.

So it goes back to what I say. Respect the environment and we can maybe win over, or at least neutralize the public's opinion. That takes a lot away from the tree huggers. It doesn't mean we can enjoy the environment ourselves.

The same applies to mountain biking, even hiking or fishing. We're all easy targets, unlike the multi billion dollar industries with highly paid layers and tax generating sales.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd try to inform people, but obviously you don't care or too stupid to realize the issues you are causing.

Selling the kwad now might not be a bad idea Mudboy, in a few years it might not be worth anything.
Not sure what a "KWAD' is but maybe I will check in the shed and see if I have one. Maybe I could be making some money without not knowing what I own :)

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should consider my spelling of quad and wonder why I spell it that way...

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is kinda like going on to a ford forum and saying FORD sucks and trying to convince everyone to get gmc

:rant: FORD DOES SUCK!! :rolleyes: how is that for a tension release. As with anything there is always a LINE:nono:. Every comment made has valid points so......I propose we split riding areas up,:d oh wait they are already doing that:( and yes the quadders are losing::realmad:(..........why is that!!:rolleyes:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok I have to appologize due to lack of sleep from being sick and a new born at home I hav not been able to see the picture clearly., But thanks to Shibby I have done some sole searching and would like some support for the following. Please feel free to word smith as applicable

Dear Moderators

It has been brought to my attention by many fellow tree hungry environmentally friendly ATV/UTV/dirt bike users, that but incorporating the word “MUD” in your site name of “Snow and Mud” your are supporting and encouraging the miss use and abuse of our sensitive wet lands. It would like to put forward the proposal to change the site name to “Snow and Dust” This would promote only using your motorized recreational vehicle in clean dry moisture free environment with ambient temps between 12 – 23.5 deg C. I feel you may even get support by Bombardier and especially Yamaha for this because this would help eliminate their over heating issues with the poor placement of the radiator which seems to always get plugged up when individuals miss use the machine. You may even approach RKNIGHT to do a promotional video of him driving his quad down the iron horse trail at 60km/hr to demonstrate how well this works (providing the trail is moisture free)

Thank you
:)

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because your retarded?

Your or You're?

If you think ATV's are losing the battle who do you have to blame? ATV's far out number 4x4's and motorcyclists combined.

Doesn't that make you want to know what you can do to change this?

I'd also like to hear why you think ATV's are taking the majority of losses?

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think all of us mud rider that love the mud and go through everything we see includding deep water mud muskeg all that should all get together for a ride in the spring time aas its soon approaching here...Maybe at prarie creek near rocky mountain house.
Any one intrested

************************************************************************************************ ********** THIS THREAD IS A DEBATE OF TWO SIDES WITH GOOD ARGUMENTS ON BOTH SIDES!!!!*************
**************************************************************************************

Theres is a new Thread started for Byron of anyone who would like to go on a spring run. " Bryons spring run" thread . I have been out already and never wrecked anything and those holes your taking about can be avoidable. Please keep the debat on this thread, and................

ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER BYRONS QUESTION please move to other thread , you are on the wrong thread. ::):):) Have a great day QUADDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:d:d:d:d:d:d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only ride on land/paths that has been cleared or deepened by machines larger and heavier then the one I drive. Wet or dry, cutlines, pipelines and cutblocks were damaged beyond repair long before ATVs got there. I don't think running a trials tire is gonna save em....

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only ride on land/paths that has been cleared or deepened by machines larger and heavier then the one I drive. Wet or dry, cutlines, pipelines and cutblocks were damaged beyond repair long before ATVs got there. I don't think running a trials tire is gonna save em....

I agree the damage was done when the trail or cutline was made. Running even a thousand quads a year up and down them is not going to change anything either way. Where I am from we have been riding the same trails for well over 30yrs and they were even used before that and today when I go there they still look the same.As long as we are not making new trails constantly the forest will look the same in the years to come. Just take your garbage out.:realmad:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like your p**sed off the old trail bike can`t make it thru the holes.
If you think changing from a knobby to a trials tire is going to save us you are absolutly clueless . Water running down hill and down game trails has caused errosion long before quads (or Kwads )and probally will long after !
I like mudding and will continue to do so wether you like it or not.

And on a side note, PLEASE no more pics of anybody stuck in the mud along with a list of their tires and snorkels unless they have the B*LLS to own up to being a MUDDER....

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my thought is this, the trails are already there, with the big ole ruts and holes in them. we aren't really doing any more damage to those spots. more damage gets done by trying to go around them i think! and as others have said, most quad trails are old surveying trails or logging roads! also, i agree, if there's a bridge over a creek, use it. pack out all your garbage, and anybody else's garbage you happen to find.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My name is Todd, and I'm a mud-aholic. I have big tires, big power, a bunch of bolt ons, and I am going straight through the middle!!. and I really don't give a chit who don't like it.

toysplus

Reaction score
with you all the way, many "rough" campsites and trails have been destroyed in the name of progress.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your p**sed off the old trail bike can`t make it thru the holes.
If you think changing from a knobby to a trials tire is going to save us you are absolutly clueless . Water running down hill and down game trails has caused errosion long before quads (or Kwads )and probally will long after !
I like mudding and will continue to do so wether you like it or not.

And on a side note, PLEASE no more pics of anybody stuck in the mud along with a list of their tires and snorkels unless they have the B*LLS to own up to being a MUDDER....

Balls of being a mudder? Huh...

Trials tires don't trench like a knobby. They rarely spin, and when they do, they don't dig. So yea, they stop errosion and uncessary damage to the environment.

You're right. My bike won't make it through mud holes. Most motorcyclists don't like mud. It's not fun. I prefer technical riding on ridgelines and singletrack.

Guess nobody's mind can be changed. Just don't be whining and making big comments (balls commments, :rolleyes:) like a redneck when your areas close and massive fines are being handed out (Kookanusa, Wiaprous, etc)

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Balls of being a mudder? Huh...

Trials tires don't trench like a knobby. They rarely spin, and when they do, they don't dig. So yea, they stop errosion and uncessary damage to the environment.

You're right. My bike won't make it through mud holes. Most motorcyclists don't like mud. It's not fun. I prefer technical riding on ridgelines and singletrack.

Guess nobody's mind can be changed. Just don't be whining and making big comments (balls commments, :rolleyes:) like a redneck when your areas close and massive fines are being handed out (Kookanusa, Wiaprous, etc)
What is it with the "redneck" comment? Can you please tell us all what a redneck is? I think you and people who think like you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. So what if a quad tears up the odd mud hole. When you look at the vast amounts of land out there, a very small percentile is affected, certainly not enough to cause the environmental damage that the anti-quadders claim. Furthermore, dirt bikes also tear up the trails, and I doubt that even with your special tires, a person would be able to tell if you traveled up a trail unless the trail was bone dry. The anti-quadder environmental nuts are against quads (and bikes) being in the bush at all. You're never going to satisfy them. If the government gets stupid and tries to close down the bush, you'll just see people say to hell with the government and go anyway. Maybe that's what we need in this province/country, some civil disobedience. Our governments are just getting to be a bunch of dictators.:rant:

Top Bottom