All MUDDERS!

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think all of us mud rider that love the mud and go through everything we see includding deep water mud muskeg all that should all get together for a ride in the spring time aas its soon approaching here...Maybe at prarie creek near rocky mountain house.
Any one intrested

************************************************************************************************ ********** THIS THREAD IS A DEBATE OF TWO SIDES WITH GOOD ARGUMENTS ON BOTH SIDES!!!!*************
**************************************************************************************

Theres is a new Thread started for Byron of anyone who would like to go on a spring run. " Bryons spring run" thread . I have been out already and never wrecked anything and those holes your taking about can be avoidable. Please keep the debat on this thread, and................

ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER BYRONS QUESTION please move to other thread , you are on the wrong thread. ::):):) Have a great day QUADDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be depending on the date. Never been riding around rocky yet, hear its good though.:d

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to be in Rocky April 28th to may 2nd and LOVE the mud ridding Is that to early?

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are two or three rallies about 1 hr north of lloydminster in the spring they can be very muddy and wet will post dates later

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please stay away from Calgary and areas.

We're working hard to prevent "mud riding" and keep areas open. You guys are only hurting the cause and making it more difficult for us.

It's being proposed a mandory registration fee be charged upon registering OHV's to help raise money to close off such areas and properly manage trails.

That's all we have to do to make a massive change. Stay out of water and mud. Simple isn't it?

Flame away.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We're working hard to prevent "mud riding" and keep areas open. You guys are only hurting the cause and making it more difficult for us.

It's being proposed a mandory registration fee be charged upon registering OHV's to help raise money to close off such areas and properly manage trails.

That's all we have to do to make a massive change. Stay out of water and mud. Simple isn't it?

Flame away.

I am hoping nobody goes to the Rocky Mountain House area to do this also :( These areas are all under observation and I hope they are not shut down to off road use. We need to do as much as possible so that our riding areas stay open.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping nobody goes to the Rocky Mountain House area to do this also :( These areas are all under observation and I hope they are not shut down to off road use. We need to do as much as possible so that our riding areas stay open.

You might want to change your profile picture after a quote like that. It's the people who beat down the bush to get around the mud holes that are causing problems. I'm in for a ride, the holes will likely be frozen on the bottom in April.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, I had thought someone would make a comment on my profile pic.
I will reassure you that the spot In the pic is on private land and not on public or crown land.
But thanks for noticing. I do enjoy mudding also but I do not encurage it on crown land that is subject to closure.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they came down hard on the areas west of the trunk road, how far east of that are they watching now?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either way I agree that it should be removed.

What we have to do is promote environmentally friendly trails. They exist, I know of tonnes of them, lots are illegal for us to ride because the government and certain bodies decided it was just easier to close the entire area.

Trails that go through water sensitive areas are poorly designed trails. There are many books and information detailing properly made and sustainable trails. This doesn't mean they can't be fun. Lots of them are challenging, fun, and can be enjoyed from beginners to expert riders. I know of lots of trails that can challenge the best that are approved for use and are very sustainable.

I don't want to rant, but WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER. People on here obviously don't know how close we are to having everything shut down. People are not on our side. We, the motorcycles and ATV's can't fight one another. If we can simply show we can change our ways and improve public view on our sport/hobby, it would go a long ways to keeping things open.

I also suggest joining a club. Any club that promotes and fights to keep trials open. On top of that show up to meetings and show support. I go to monthly meetings and volunteer my time for trial rebuilding, garbage clean-up after long weekends, and trail bridge and sustainable stucture implementation.

Bottom line, just go out there, avoid the water/mud, support a fighting group, and try to get involved.

Think of how much you enjoy getting out of the city, into the back country taking in the scenery and family/friend moments that those sitting on their couch never see? Problem is those who don't see and are easily persuaded by public view affect the outcome of whether or not it will be legal for us to do what we love!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they came down hard on the areas west of the trunk road, how far east of that are they watching now?

Trunk road = highway 40?

Similar changes have been put into place in Indian Graves and Mclean with further implemenations coming down the pipeline soon. I believe Indian Graves is no longer allowed trucks or vehicles over 800lbs? I may have to be corrected. I'm more intune with motorcycles.

For referance, motorcycle trails ranged in the hundreds of km's out in Wiaprous. After the new laws and rules were put into play? 7 km's of poor motorcycle trail that doesn't form a loop. 7 km's out of hundreds. ATV's and 4x4's were also limited in the Ghost/Wiaprous area.

I have rode Wiaprous twice in the two years since those changes. Do they feel they have made improvements? Of course, however now more people are going to Mclean and tearing it up. Trails are becoming more concentrated and thus more worn from use. In the past two years I have seen more degradation on trail then I did since I moved to Alberta. We need to play our cards smart and help change their train of thought.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi way 40 turns into the trunk road on both ends. 734 is the middle section that runs from 579 west of Water Valley up to just about Robb on the north end.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Flame away.
I'm with ya....... there are more and more areas closing and becoming restricted because of the mudders...... don't get me wrong...what people enjoy is one thing...but consider all the factors here people....... some rallys have areas reserved for those who want to play around in the mud.... then you get some places that go away from even holding the rallies because of that sort of thing..... the enviroment is a big deal....... don't ruin it for the rest of us please.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everybody come on up and ride north of hwy 55. wolf, siebert, spencer, crane. lots of mud, muskegg tons of fun.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are two or three rallies about 1 hr north of lloydminster in the spring they can be very muddy and wet will post dates later
i've been to the one in bronson a few times! great rally, good riding!

FyreRyder

Reaction score

Interesting avitar....

Top Bottom