Albertan Planning a BC Trip

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quote from Mongral

"On second thought, there is the Triune Mine NE of Trout Lake also. Haven't any info on that one but PM KootenayCat as it was probably his photos you saw."

The road up Triune is up the Lardeau River (Alpha creak forest service road) which starts off the road up to Ferguson from Trout Lake. It was 10+ years ago we drove up that road until it got too rocky, then walked up to the mine and on to the summit of Triune. There is also an old mine up Cup creek 1 drainage to the north. From the town of Ferguson you can go directly behind and up Broadview to the sub alpine. There are so many cool roads like that around the Kootenays. Healy creek is a gem.

Last edited:

Landrew

Reaction score
If you don't want to drive as far you can always ride across from Panorama near Invermere.

I took my kids up past Paradise mine. We got up to 8500ft, and one was on a 110cc chinese quad. Very beautiful area and warm. There were more trails than I could possibly ride.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to drive as far you can always ride across from Panorama near Invermere.

I took my kids up past Paradise mine. We got up to 8500ft, and one was on a 110cc chinese quad. Very beautiful area and warm. There were more trails than I could possibly ride.

Did 3 days around Panorama last summer, can't wait to get back this summer. It's too bad there isn't a road linking Panorama to Duncan lake area, would open up so much more for both sides.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am from Nakusp (shhh dont tell anyone lol), and just thought I would suggest the old Sandon Mines as well. Outside of New Denver towards Kaslo.

Sandon - Ghost Town

TOURISM

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am from Nakusp (shhh dont tell anyone lol), and just thought I would suggest the old Sandon Mines as well. Outside of New Denver towards Kaslo.

Sandon - Ghost Town

TOURISM

Definitely! Tons of old mines and trails to explore between New Denver and Kaslo, hope to make it up that way for a few days late this summer after the snowpack is gone.

sled

Reaction score
I am planning a multi day trip to BC to ride in the Rockies and looking for some advice. I had seen some pictures on a site a few years ago that had a ride into a mine that it looked like they walked away when they shut it down and left most of the equipment. I would like something that would entail an adventure to include such sites. Is there a place you all would recommend? We are not afraid of roughing it so being in the middle of no where is right up my alley. If you are willing to give up some of the locations for us to venture out and see that would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the kettle valley railroad (KVR).It is now a multi use trail most of the time quads and bike on the trail.Great ride and you can go for miles.
The area that I was riding was close to pembereton/Chain lake.:)

geoff06

Reaction score
I'll let you know when we plan on heading up. Going to be a few months though, don't have tracks for the Grizzly yet. :D

hello kootneycat I just moved to christina lake have read lots of your posts would love to go riding with you . let me know when your going out i would love to tag along . thanks geoff

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello kootneycat I just moved to christina lake have read lots of your posts would love to go riding with you . let me know when your going out i would love to tag along . thanks geoff

I'll let you know when we start heading out for some rides, going to be a couple months minimum until this snowpack up high is gone. Have you been on the C&W Railbed? I'm curious if anyone has worked on the washout north/east of Christina lake. Also wondering what the status of the KVR west of Christina lake is, past the 2nd trestle approximately where Stewart road takes off north from highway 3. A couple of buddies went through last year and said it looked blocked where the houses were - heard if was a new park or something?

Kevin
Send me your email and I'll drop you a line when we start riding.
rks442@hotmail.com

geoff06

Reaction score
I'll let you know when we start heading out for some rides, going to be a couple months minimum until this snowpack up high is gone. Have you been on the C&W Railbed? I'm curious if anyone has worked on the washout north/east of Christina lake. Also wondering what the status of the KVR west of Christina lake is, past the 2nd trestle approximately where Stewart road takes off north from highway 3. A couple of buddies went through last year and said it looked blocked where the houses were - heard if was a new park or something?

Kevin
Send me your email and I'll drop you a line when we start riding.
rks442@hotmail.com

Yes i did the C&W last fall and the wash out was still impassable, as for west of christina lake I havent been that way but I heard that it is blocked off and yes there is a new park about 2 clicks from the trestle it has anice big swimming hole . My email is dodgeram06@hotmail.com Thanks for the reply looking forward to riding Geoff

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

paradise is a great place, not sure how you got a quad to 8500' though, all the summits around the basin are 7600-8000', Mt Nelson is 9000'

just saying:d

Landrew

Reaction score
I jumped up and took the GPS reading.

I thought it was near that where I took it at the top of Paradise mine ? I plan to go this year twice so ill check my readings again.

Still an amazing feat for a $500 110cc chinese atv that has many hours on it including adult riding. Of course would rather have one with a spring rate and damping that was made for kids - sure bounced around a lot and that is not fun to watch when your son is full throttle and there are all those cliffs!

Great place though. love the scenerey and weather.

BTW when does the snow melt at the top - when can you make it up and over on a bike ? I had heard to wait until late as July??

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, it's a lot of vertical for a small quad for sure. 16 km to the cabin.

going up and over to bruce creek is do-able in july, pretty dry this year but we just got a big dump up there last week:d

we ride it on mountain bikes:eek: beauty ride down the backside.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not sure if you mean drive from Panorama to Trout lake area, but if so it's not possible. Would be nice to have a logging road punched through there though.

As for the Paradise ride, here's the real height according to my GPS. :D

100_2235 (Medium).jpg

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

Sandon - Ghost Town

TOURISM

Sandon is sweet, unloaded right at the gift shop and explored tons of trails, ran into a guy from silverton that was still mining up there, rode right up to a repeater tower with a great view of new denver and surounding area. Only had one day there but am deffinetlly going back.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slide show and pic's are sweet!I don't really Quad but thats the shizza Id be into History,peaks,Views and glaciers........Vary nice Mongrol........would of love to have been building then trails bacj in the day....:d

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
If one was to random camp at Panorama, where would a good place be? I want to ride from the site.

Pointe

Top Bottom