Alberta Trail Pass.... Do you have yours?

Do you have an ASA Trail Pass?

• Yes, I buy one every year

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • No, I don't ride in Alberta/Only ride the Mountains

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • No, I've never heard of such a thing.

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sorry, don't ride the trails, ride the bush instead, lots of cutlines up north.

And when the greenies find a couple of caribou or stressed out wolverines and want the bush closed for so called environmental reasons.....what're you gonna doo then???

Support the clubs and buy a membership and a pass, please.....:xmas-smiley-018:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Yes I have bought my trail pass. I have bought one every year for the past 6 years and have never ridden on a groomed trail system though I live in Whitecourt where they have some of the best trail systems in the province. I feel its important to support the cause if your a snowmobiler regardless if you ride the trails or not. They need our support as does the entire sport as a whole and its not going to break the bank.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your support in this thread.....

There is lots of info out there, around why we should be buying the trail pass. I mean honestly is $60 that much to all of you who don't?

How much does it cost you to fuel your sled(s), and your tow vehicle? I'm willing to bet $60 is just a very small fraction of that cost..... just something to think about

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Time to revive this thread I believe.
Lots of folks "claim" to ride the mountains here in the Crowsnest Pass, but in order to get to those "special" areas, they have to travel trails that are maintained and groomed by the club. Lots of clearing of trails happens because the club does the hard work and forking over dollars so the trails remain trails instead of overgrown forested areas. Think about the scenario next time you ride around and ask yourself if you could get to where you want to go strictly via the "bush" or the "trees". By the time you got to that "special" area, you would be too pooped to putt.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Past two years I've bought passes. In fact I go out to help clear trails in the fall, using my fuel and not expect to be reimbursed for it. Pride is a big thing and it seems like a lost trait. The passes are numbered so it's easy for the gov people to see that there is a need for lots of trails and when the numbers are low they will put cut the budget and that impacts us. I'm proud to be a club member and a pass holder because I try to help the club out in turn helping the association which will do its best to help you. If you buy, great now pass on the wisdom and get the numbers up there.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you live and ride in Alberta there is no valid reason to not buy a trail pass unless you only ride on your private farmland. As most people know the ASA trail pass is completely separate from registration fees. The Government of Alberta is certainly letting us down by not returning any of the registration fees to the snowmobile community. I have written a few letters to the government concerning this matter over the years but as usual it falls upon deaf ears when it comes to anything snowmobile related. IMO Saskatchewan has it figured out right by having a portion of registration going directly back into the sport.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does every trail in Alberta need to be a groomed trail that is managed by someone. I don't need a groomed trail to ride down a cutline, pipeline right of way, etc. I agree that the ASA does some good work, but I don't agree with the statement that I need to buy a trail pass to ride anywhere in Alberta. I should have a choice in the matter. I don't mind supporting clubs and such, but I don't think we need all the land in Alberta managed by a club and I don't feel I need a trail pass to ride on crown land (although not necessary, I would purchase a trail pass on crown land if a local club was maintaining a trail I rode on). I know it has been said before you shouldn't be able to ride anywhere on crown land without an ASA Trail Pass, and if this is the push by the ASA, they will lose my support for good. This attempt to control all crown land in Alberta is too much.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy a ASA pass through the Snow Drifters club here in Fort Mac every year. I only ride my sled here once a year, for their poker rally. Other than that its all mountain. IMO everyone should support the community they live in, any way they can. And that goes for more than just snowmobiling. Where you live will only ever be as good as YOU help make it.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First year riding here in AB, but I got mine in the mail a couple days back. I was surprised when I saw it was only $70 after the 1st. Cheaper than getting one back in NL, that's for sure.

Top Bottom