alberta sled servicing SUCKS!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
moved back from revy,and had a question about my sled.so I called the shop in olds told them what was happening,and they told me I need new jets.....and this and that.I new it wasen't what they thought.so I called bow cycle,and there just as BAD they wouldn't let me talk with a tech they said no bring it in.gave me no help.Called the BEST shop around and talked with Turbo AL.and in two minutes problem solved.so I just love them there and want everyone to know they REALLY no there stuff.and alberta sucks when you need a hand.I feel like outsider in own sport.

SLED SHED OR DIE:d

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: alberta SUCKS!

"and alberta sucks when you need a hand.I feel like outsider in own sport."

Cmon Ron!! Can you at least correct this guys grammer!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"and alberta sucks when you need a hand.I feel like outsider in own sport."

Cmon Ron!! Can you at least correct this guys grammer!

grammers not the point! its customer service but thanks anyways:d

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is a stupid thread. It's like me saying "you and that other guy can't spell, everyone in BC is illiterate!" What is the point? Alberta sucks or our customer service sucks. Im confused.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I think what your trying to say Carbon is Service suck in Alberta...welcome to the shortage quality people in Alberta. A problem we all suffer with here in the province.

I would dispute that all of Alberta sucks for service. Based on your testimonial you hit two places that were unsatisfactory. Bet the guys on the site have their favorites with great service, I know i do.

Your thoughts are truly correct, some awful service in all fields these days, but I wouldn't say that everyone can be grouped in the comment.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted the Doo dealer in lloyd to clean my carbs as i thought my pilot jet was plugged and I don't have a garage to do it in. They told me to drop my sled off but did'nt know if they could have it done by this friday (I was going to drop it off on tuesday). I know it was short notice. The Cat dealer had me unload my sled on tuesday and i picked it up this morning. The fixed my carbs and cleaned my clutches, sled runs perfect. Martins Rough 'n' tough has great service. It's pretty bad when i have to drop my Doo off at a Cat dealer for a minor job. The Doo dealer said they're 2 weeks behind.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted the Doo dealer in lloyd to clean my carbs as i thought my pilot jet was plugged and I don't have a garage to do it in. They told me to drop my sled off but did'nt know if they could have it done by this friday (I was going to drop it off on tuesday). I know it was short notice. The Cat dealer had me unload my sled on tuesday and i picked it up this morning. The fixed my carbs and cleaned my clutches, sled runs perfect. Martins Rough 'n' tough has great service. It's pretty bad when i have to drop my Doo off at a Cat dealer for a minor job. The Doo dealer said they're 2 weeks behind.

Speaking of doo dealers...........Turple bros in Red deer..........if you want something small done it's always 1 or 2 weeks.........I don't blame them, they have to service, honda, Ski-doo, Suzuki, Sea Doo, Canam, KTm and who know's what else........i mean that's crazy........ I drive a suzuki quad and I get the polaris dealer to do my small stuff........because I can't wait 2 weeks to get a tire leak fixed............

As for getting advice on what is wrong on one's sled, I never call the dealer.........I rather go to a forum like this or Doo Talk where the people know what they are talking about who actually care............and you could also ask these same people what the best dealer is to go to in AB.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledbunny in regards to getting quality help in Alberta, I think this downturn in the economy may solve that problem. There may be more good service people to pick from the labour pool since that pool is about to get a little deeper.

Billy Boy:cool:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
moved back from revy,and had a question about my sled.so I called the shop in olds told them what was happening,and they told me I need new jets.....and this and that.I new it wasen't what they thought.so I called bow cycle,and there just as BAD they wouldn't let me talk with a tech they said no bring it in.gave me no help.Called the BEST shop around and talked with Turbo AL.and in two minutes problem solved.so I just love them there and want everyone to know they REALLY no there stuff.and alberta sucks when you need a hand.I feel like outsider in own sport.

I think painting the entire province with one brush is not a correct statement....What shop's did you call? I would agree that Sled Shed is a great shop. :beer:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finding a good dealer that can get you in right away in Alberta is very hard to find, finding somone that knows what they are doing is even harder, finding somone that isn't go to screw you around is harder yet, I just went through all this w my complete Engine rebuild that i can happily say is finally getting rebuilt~! After much research and a few posts on here and a few shops and a few hundred bucks in already. I have finally found somone in ALBERTA to do the job, I originally started out at the Polaris dealership in Eckville (just west of Red Deer) as the dealership in Red Deer has already burnt their bridge with me long ago (which by the way i won't even buy a jug of oil off them if i had to) Now this other Polaris dealership has made me mad as they damaged my head which i don't get as it was already off when they got the engine, when i went out to have a look at my crank buddy could not find my engine (their was parts strung out across the whole shop no names on nothing), my engine was not even all in the same spot half was on one side other half on another bench, then he threw it all in a box never wrapped anything up, top end and bottom end nothing together stray bolts everywhere all in one box. Polaris Told me it could not be fixed and was going to cost me $2300 for a new engine. WOW LOL Point of the story is call around... I'm not going to get into this one too much more, I betcha i called over 25 places looking at times my engine was heading to USA twice, then off to two different shops in B.C. and i finally dropped it off at Absolute Power and Performance up in St. Albert (North of Edmonton), which by the way has the best customer service out of the 25 shops that i called. (Thanks Jared) I never even hesitated to drive the 2 hrs out of my way the next day to bring it up to him I'm just glad I never sent my short block to the USA for $1600 when APP can do it for half the price. So with the money i saved by shopping around I'll get the whole works done right the first time. In conclusion it's kinda funny how i can get my Cylinders Ported and Polished, V-Vorce Reeds, New Pistons, Head Re-Surfaced, Crankcase Line Bored, and Drilled, Tough Boy Wide Bearing Kit, New Crank, and all thrown back together for cheaper than what Polaris quoted me on a new engine...LOL oh yeah I thought it couldn't be fixed???

I am from B.c. and I as well cannot do the whole spelling n' grammer thing. must be something in the weeds.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not about the price either; it's about the quality of workmanship, and customer relations.

budlite

Reaction score

i agree,wonder why guys deal with shops in salmon arm?warrenty,service,and i don't give a heck about grammer

muffin

Reaction score
:)Best service i have gotten, on any Brand, in Alberta, has been from Yamaha dealers. # 1 Pincher Creek, Rocky MTN Yamaha , there are others that are ok too:d

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeesh after reading all the posts talking about customer service

does anyone not fix their own sleds anymore

if ya fix your own ya have a better chance of african american engineering it on the trails if something managed to go wrong

with all the sites with great info out there why wouldnt one try to save some time and fix there own

barrone

Reaction score

you are right. My brother lives in edmonton and drove down to revy to the sled shed to drop his engine off for a rebuildand some perf work.. Top notch knowledge, good price, and Al loves his work and giving free advice. On top of that, we had a mishap with overheating and warped the head, he fixed it up no problem. How is that for service, givingthe customer the benefit of the doubt/. The engine was done up a bit, and no other shop I know of would ever dream of warrantying a high perf engine, let alone one tht had problems due to a thermostat sticking.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeesh after reafing all the posts talking about customer service

does anyone not fix there own sleds anymore

if ya fix your own ya have a better chance of african american engineering it on the trails if something managed to go wrong

with all the sites with great info out there why wouldnt one try to save some time and fix there own

Im sure many of us doo.............I fix as much as I can, actually never had to bring my sled to any dealer since I have been in AB.(3yrs)................but in regards to sled/quads there are always stuff one don't have the tools for ......such as changing out springs/shocks on a quad(one needs a special spring compressor) or getting a tire rim cleaned because one has poped a bead etc etc...............these little things most or some of us can't do and waiting for 2 weeks for a tire is just not reasonable................I have been bringing my quad work to a polaris dealer because I have been getting my stuff back the same day or the next............

I find the smaller dealers can do this as they don't have as much overhead or brands to deal with like Turple Brothers in Red deer do........

just my 2.....

Cheers

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeesh after reafing all the posts talking about customer service

does anyone not fix there own sleds anymore

I fix everything on my old sled. But I am also an Auto Tech, which helps out a lot. I have all the tools, and the patience to repair the sled.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iv started doing everything myself these days, im done taking things to a shop and having the f*^K it up and then charge me up the A$$ at the same time. All you really need is somewhere to work, once you have that the rest is easy, a tool set from canadian tire can take half your sled apart aside from specialty tools. Iv started finding out that most guys in shops just turn wrenches they don't have the knowledge about what there doing. They read the book on how to do something just like people at home do, so if you can read a book you can do it just as good or even better than they can because you actually care if it's done right.

Do it yourself boys, best quality of work and it's 1/4 the costs, unless your one of thouse guys that has too much money and can't be bothered to do some work on their own stuff, so they throw money at it. BAHH !

Top Bottom