Alberta Heath Care - Doctors and Pharmacists issues

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that when i see it, the only thing that has changed in BC is vancouver is bussing all their drug addicts all over our province to make it look like their drug program is working. Shirley Bond did embarrass David Eby. Good on her. The prick never was voted in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
One good thing that came with the COVID was phone interviews/appointments with our doctors in BC. I use a small town clinic (Sicamous) and have a doctor that is very organized. Lab requisitions and prescriptions are all done on the phone/fax/email.
I do have a problem with the system on the long wait lists for all the surgeries and the fact that BCHealth won’t hire back the nurses they fired/suspended.
Yes, we are phucked and it really doesn’t matter which province you live in.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Capital Gains bill in the new budget will affect Doctors as well. They are extremely unhappy with this proposed legislation and are getting quite vocal about it.
This is the root of the problem with healthcare in Canada.
Doctors (and now soon to be nurses) are their own little corporation, and its all about their profitability, nothing to do with the health of the population.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! not surprised as many of us know the "Free Universal Healthcare" lol, is a bureaucratic nightmare for quite sometime now. Don't even know if they can fix it somewhat, i can see private medical people coming into play here and somewhat of a privatized system for people that are willing to pay similar to the US. To which i would not have an issue myself as long as i am able to pick between the 2 not pay for 2 and use 1. Way to many people just don't give a ch!t because it's free and way to many transplants only compounds the problem. Find it funny as why the pharmacy will not give short supply of all meds required until Dr,s visit. Gabby's i know are very bad for the liver and kidney's for sure, had to take my dog of those because he could not walk, even vet said that to me when i ?,d him on those, seen a few individuals on those and it wasn't pleasant either to say the least. 1 really has to watch themself in these upcoming days/years for sure, even my chiropractor is overwhelmed i have noticed with all the new transplants i have seen in his office, makes me wonder who is paying and trying to book appt's is nuts. So i now have 2 chiro's just because of this and in case my guy goes on a SA vacay again lol. Sure hope you can get it figured out Ron and working for yourself and without to much stress on the brainpan. Magnuson did a short summary on this on his podcast that was very good, maybe have a listen👇

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The local independents are great compared to the big box stores. Both myself and my mom deal at independents while my wife deals at a Shoppers. I phoned all of them to email me our complete meds list purchased for the 2023 year for income tax purposes and the independents both did it over the phone. The Shoppers said that they wouldn’t and the wife would have to drive the 2 hrs round trip to pick hers up. The difference being the independents knew us and at the box store you are a number.

We use one of the shoppers here in GP and know a few of the workers REAL well. They won't let me pick up my wife's list for taxes and vice versa. Its got to be a store policy.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No new transplants at our clinic here. No room in waiting room for them because Hutterites have all the seats. 😂
The average urbanite has no idea how bad the silent plague has taken over rural western Canada…

I fricken hate Hutterites.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The average urbanite has no idea how bad the silent plague has taken over rural western Canada…

I fricken hate Hutterites.
I have a favorite story about the Hutts Brett. I don’t know if you know big Milt from our area? Anyways Milt is about 300 lbs and 6ft2. We are at a ag customer appreciation BBQ and the Hutts are bussing in the whole colony for the supper even though they never sat for any of the chem companies presentations. They have all the fixings on the table except for the burgers. Everyone starts lining up and has buns prepared and salads on their plates waiting for the burgers to arrive. Pretty soon the chem reps start coming with a couple big plates of freshly grilled burgers. The hutts start butting in to the line everywhere. Big Milt grabs a guy that jumped in front of him by the collar and yanks him out of the line and tells him to wait his turn. I never laughed so hard. Phackers think they are better than everybody else.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll let Brett give his own reasons but for myself. They are rude. They don’t support the businesses in the community. The two colonies in my immediate area pool with other colonies and do bulk purchases on fuel, chemical, seed and fertilizer wherever it’s the cheapest. As a business model that’s good I suppose however does nothing for keeping our small communities operating. Like I said before they have no problem taxing our fire dept. They drive the cost of land and rent up which hurts young local farm families trying to compete. They compete with small town grocery stores selling their vegetables and bread out of vans. Did I mention they are rude? lol. You will never see them at a funeral. They don’t have any respect for their neighbours I guess? I personally don’t care for the crows.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll let Brett give his own reasons but for myself. They are rude. They don’t support the businesses in the community. The two colonies in my immediate area pool with other colonies and do bulk purchases on fuel, chemical, seed and fertilizer wherever it’s the cheapest. As a business model that’s good I suppose however does nothing for keeping our small communities operating. Like I said before they have no problem taxing our fire dept. They drive the cost of land and rent up which hurts young local farm families trying to compete. They compete with small town grocery stores selling their vegetables and bread out of vans. Did I mention they are rude? lol. You will never see them at a funeral. They don’t have any respect for their neighbours I guess? I personally don’t care for the crows.

Thats too bad that you don't like them, Ive done lots of work for them, I find them easy to get along with.

But how does any of that effect me the "urbanite" more than the crackhead living in the trees behind my property?

Like I said. Id happily trade.

Last edited:

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are sadly mistaken…

Hutterites are a parasite on society.

They have crippled our society way more than any crackhead or Nigerian.

The colonies around me are always at the scene before my fire department, and my department is already fast. The huds have saved a lot of places around me that if not for them it would have been a bad situation. I'm sure there are unfriendly colonies all over, but the ones around me you couldn't ask for better people. Them as a whole I don't like that they wouldn't fight for the country and all that part, at least the ones I know, that's crap.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fortunately it’s them that’s always using fire fighting resources in our county. There has been a push to have some of their members to join the local fire depts being they use them the most.

The colonies around me have their own equipment. Always first on the scene here.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats too bad that you don't like them, Ive done lots of work for them, I find them easy to get along with.

But how does any of that effect me the "urbanite" more than the crackhead living in the trees behind my property?

Like I said. Id happily trade.
I can see your point Dan. You have crackheads living next to you. I have Hutterites next to me. That’s why I don’t like them in the same way.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see your point Dan. You have crackheads living next to you. I have Hutterites next to me. That’s why I don’t like them in the same way.

I understand. Thats why I was asking MPkid why he figure'd "Hutterites are a parasite on society. They have crippled our society way more than any crackhead or Nigerian."

As an "urbanite" I have other groups of people that I find way more disruptive to my way of life. But I get If you live way out in the wheat fields the crackers and immigrants probably don't bother you much.

Different issues. And all of them are taking up space at the doctors office. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom